Erik Karlsson IV: Best defenceman in the league. Mod Note: CONFIRMED

Karlsson2Turris*

b2398b294c3dfc3204dfffb01ea11314.jpg

alex-ovechkin-karlsson-hit2.gif

F07gB.jpg

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
Although Erik is a great player and all, I can't help find things he can do better:

Sometimes he passes too hard. it's like he enjoys blast that puck away to a mate as hard as possible, but at times the situation does not justify that hard pass.

He also passes too late or too early to his wingers/center. It's like Erik thinks a NHL game is pickupgame. I love his joyful view of the game, his playful mind...but he should do his business more serious at times.

In offensive zone, from blueline he is tossing pucks toward net without waiting for teammates being prepared to redirect or go for rebound. He just throw a wrister when he feels doing it, but many times forwards are tangled up and not able to do something with his thrown in pucks.

Then I think he is used on the wrong side by coach. He should always play left.

Still I say his post-cooke skating hinders him playing by his natural instincts which was the key for him doing those plays that were gamebreakers.

Now I did not watch his latest game, but my sentiments are based on 20-30 games from this season.

Ttracer*

He is crazy slick and barely breaks a sweat playing half the game. I support this motion

SensAreSoClose

Apr 5, 2014
What you saw on Sunday is the difference between a good player and a great player. A follower and a leader.

This is what a few Sens in the past have been missing, the Redden's, the Spezza's, and the Heatley's, the never had the extra gear or extra will. Hossa, Alfie, Chara, they all had it.

Jerk Store*

Yup, Karlsson showed the extra gear that the greats all have. And it was :eek:

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Now just get him some bloody good defence partners.

I think Methot's great with him.

We only have 3 legit NHL defensemen in Karlsson, Method and Ceci.

Boro's a great role guy but his minutes have to be limited or he has to work really hard on his game this off season.

Cowen's got potential but he's be able to put it all together.

Grebe's cost us one game in this series already and he's probably on thin ice in regards to continuing his career here.

Wiercioch has been OK but he's a shaky guy to depend on overall

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Guys I really hope we keep threads like this here and not on the main board or somewhere else.

Otherwise there's just going to be garbage comments the whole time by specific fan bases

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Although Erik is a great player and all, I can't help find things he can do better:

Sometimes he passes too hard. it's like he enjoys blast that puck away to a mate as hard as possible, but at times the situation does not justify that hard pass.

He also passes too late or too early to his wingers/center. It's like Erik thinks a NHL game is pickupgame. I love his joyful view of the game, his playful mind...but he should do his business more serious at times.

In offensive zone, from blueline he is tossing pucks toward net without waiting for teammates being prepared to redirect or go for rebound. He just throw a wrister when he feels doing it, but many times forwards are tangled up and not able to do something with his thrown in pucks.

Still I say his post-cooke skating hinders him playing by his natural instincts which was the key for him doing those plays that were gamebreakers.

Now I did not watch his latest game, but my sentiments are based on 20-30 games from this season.

Frankly i find most of that absurd.
Especially the part where he hits his wingers or centers too late or too early. Im always amazed at how he leads his wingers and the exact right moment to spring them around the defence. he almost always hits guys with speed at the exact moment that is the most effective. its uncanny.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
Since he is delivering quite many passes, of course many of them are perfect. But I have clearly seen many of them been ill-timed and not helping the winger do something with it.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Guys I really hope we keep threads like this here and not on the main board or somewhere else.

Otherwise there's just going to be garbage comments the whole time by specific fan bases

Frankly, I couldn't care less what the other fanbases seem to think. I just consider myself extremely privileged to be able to watch him play game in and game out in at least 82 games a season. He's the kind of player who puts ***** in seats, and in my eyes he's the best defenceman in the league.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

This is going to happen no matter what, we are smack in the middle of the 2 biggest fanbases of the NHL, they will always treat Ottawa like that.

It's time we stop worrying what other fanbases think of us!

Karlsson threads on the main board are pointless though, I agree with you on that.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
This is going to happen no matter what, we are smack in the middle of the 2 biggest fanbases of the NHL, they will always treat Ottawa like that.

It's time we stop worrying what other fanbases think of us!

Karlsson threads on the main board are pointless though, I agree with you on that.

I know I really don't care what others think either but just putting threads like this on the main boards just leads to a gong show instead of a legit discussion about the guy is all I'm saying.

That being said it's amusing that everytime there is a talk about Karlsson they're among the first to chime in with their "superior" opinions about the guy. It's funny considering they're the ones that go on saying they don't care about Ottawa and our players. What a bunch of morons

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I know I really don't care what others think either but just putting threads like this on the main boards just leads to a gong show instead of a legit discussion about the guy is all I'm saying.

That being said it's amusing that everytime there is a talk about Karlsson they're among the first to chime in with their "superior" opinions about the guy. It's funny considering they're the ones that go on saying they don't care about Ottawa and our players. What a bunch of morons

Yeah that's what I mean, the Karlsson threads are pointless because it's just who can scream loudest and Habs and Leafs fans will always win that.

I'm just sick of hearing how we can't say anything, because of what the other fanbases will think of us.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
People do notice how he's playing when we're not screaming at people all the time to look.

They really do.

No one likes aggressive salespeople.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
is he the best? don't know and don't care. he is very very good and one of the best overall, that's all that matters.

ViCiieux

Feb 8, 2013

Point 1;
NHL players should be able to handle a hard pass.

Point 2; I don't get this. For me this is where Erik is the best in the league, by far.
His passes to the wingers are so perfectly timed that often the forwards can bypass the defense by just receiving the puck.

Point 3 and 4 is more of a coach decision I believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad