Erik Karlsson has been on the ice for 11/13 goals against so far this series.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
You might be the only Shark's fan who thinks this is a fully healthy Karlsson.

I'm saying the opposite. I think he's broken completely. I think he has been playing injured all season, possibly the last 2 seasons and he just has to get comfortable playing in his injured body which takes a few games to get comfortable with. The groin is just the next phase. When you start playing protecting an injury, then other parts start going soon after.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He looks f***ing brutal and even I know Karlsson is capable of better defense than he shows, especially from last night. Guy got beat pretty much everytime and easily.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Well this one's easy.

It's because no one is pumping his tires for Norris and going "LMAO BEST DMAN IN THE LEAGUE AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE" when he doesn't have a good year.

In fact, he had a norris-worthy year last year, but no one was sticking up for him then. It's almost like it cuts both ways huh?

Edit: but I did have a good laugh at the idea that Doughty didn't get any criticism this year. He was eviscerated repeatedly on damn near every away telecast that I watched, never mind the constant crusade by *ahem* some around here bringing him up in unrelated threads

But how many are saying Karlsson deserves the Norris this year? He clearly don't, really bad year from him all things combined.

Feb 19, 2018
The guy has looked terrible in teal since day 1 and with Burns already being there with a right hand shot it was a bad fit. They tried forcing him in places he hasn’t played in order to be the player he became throughout his career and it shows.
Forcing both him and Burns on the point on the power play was just a disaster and nobody knows who to give the puck too.

He will be gone this summer and in my opinion will go to a team needing that number 1 RS top power play guy on the upswing. I feel Vancouver will be that spot and he will return to his normal self being the “man” again.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The guy has looked terrible in teal since day 1 and with Burns already being there with a right hand shot it was a bad fit. They tried forcing him in places he hasn’t played in order to be the player he became throughout his career and it shows.
Forcing both him and Burns on the point on the power play was just a disaster and nobody knows who to give the puck too.

He will be gone this summer and in my opinion will go to a team needing that number 1 RS top power play guy on the upswing. I feel Vancouver will be that spot and he will return to his normal self being the “man” again.

People just need to stop saying this bullshit. It's literally not true. When Karlsson was healthy, he and Burns formed a dominant 1-2 punch. They complimented each other's strengths well and the team won almost every game.

On the power play in particular, Burns and Karlsson played 95 total minutes together and the Sharks scored 16 goals in that time frame; good for a scoring rate of 10.1 power play goals per 60 minutes. If "Burns and Karlsson together" was a team, that team's PP goals per 60 minutes would be 2nd in the NHL behind Tampa.

Feb 19, 2018
People just need to stop saying this bull****. It's literally not true. When Karlsson was healthy, he and Burns formed a dominant 1-2 punch. They complimented each other's strengths well and the team won almost every game.

On the power play in particular, Burns and Karlsson played 95 total minutes together and the Sharks scored 16 goals in that time frame; good for a scoring rate of 10.1 power play goals per 60 minutes. If "Burns and Karlsson together" was a team, that team's PP goals per 60 minutes would be 2nd in the NHL behind Tampa.

Game 7 will be his last game as a Shark in Vegas. He might even take a tour of the Vegas dressing room on his way out!

Reactions: Golden Puppers

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Game 7 will be his last game as a Shark in Vegas. He might even take a tour of the Vegas dressing room on his way out!

First you make a blatantly false statement which can be quickly disproven with facts and now you’re responding with this kind of garbage when somebody does disprove you. Kind of sad.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

That is literally one of the worst hot takes I have read on this site in some time, and that is saying something.

EK65 took some time to learn the system and the team took some time to learn how to play with him. Once that was figured out he had ~25 game streak where he was simply outstanding prior to going down with his groin injury.

Feb 19, 2018
That is literally one of the worst hot takes I have read on this site in some time, and that is saying something.

EK65 took some time to learn the system and the team took some time to learn how to play with him. Once that was figured out he had ~25 game streak where he was simply outstanding prior to going down with his groin injury.

He was just Erik Karlsson! One of the best Dmen if not the best since Nik Lidstrom. Guy is a generational Dman and they don’t adjust, they are either a fit or not. He had like 3 goals and took him a quarter of a year to get his first! With all that firepower around him that seems a bit off to me.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
He was just Erik Karlsson! One of the best Dmen if not the best since Nik Lidstrom. Guy is a generational Dman and they don’t adjust, they are either a fit or not. He had like 3 goals and took him a quarter of a year to get his first! With all that firepower around him that seems a bit off to me.
Joe Thornton had a bad year in 2006. He couldn't even crack 30 goals!

Reactions: Phu and CrypTic
Feb 19, 2018
You sound like a comedian working the piano lounge.
Let me put a dollar in the oversize glass for that one

If you think San Jose is better off signing him to a 12 million dollar contract then by all means go ahead. If your plan is to sell high on Burns and get a top line bonafide superstar Centre then I think it would be a great move to retain him.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017

I have no horses in the race but this is a pathetically sad point that has no merit. Once Karlsson got settled in, pre injury, him and Burns were dominating as a 1-2 punch and they were the #1 team in the West. He got injured and they fell off the pace near the end of the season. Not sure what the point of posting is when you just make stuff up. #6 ranked PP in the league but yeah it was a disaster. SMH.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
If you think San Jose is better off signing him to a 12 million dollar contract then by all means go ahead. If your plan is to sell high on Burns and get a top line bonafide superstar Centre then I think it would be a great move to retain him.
First off I was throwing some Vegas style props to your post
I'm of two minds as to if I want to see the Sharks sign EK long term

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
You are just exaggerating. If no karlsson there os no game 7 thanks to his 7p which Leads the team

he was awful. looks like hes going half speed and even struggling with simple plays.

his 7 points are a testament to his skill level though. not many players in the league who can play injured and still go ppg in the playoffs.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009

They would be, it’s up to him if he stays or goes though and I get the sense he may be leaving. NY or something like that.

Don’t need to sell Burns, they already have a bonafide young top line center. He just won game 6 for them.

Reactions: pappaf2

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
ek is straight magic. might be most clutch player in the league. that last shift was him deciding he was going to end it all.

and honestly he has been terrible all series long. this is the worst i have ever seen him play and he still has 9 points in 7 games. his ability to be a threat no matter what is savant like.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
ek is straight magic. might be most clutch player in the league. that last shift was him deciding he was going to end it all.

and honestly he has been terrible all series long. this is the worst i have ever seen him play and he still has 9 points in 7 games. his ability to be a threat no matter what is savant like.

He looked bad a few times tonight too but he went into another mode after Pavs went down. Makes me think he is really hurting and just finally let it all hang out, pain be damned, cause it was basically do or die time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad