Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
the Norris would have been a lock for Burns, but the narrative at the end of the season was how he and the Sharks lost their sure division title and how an injured karlsson came back to help his team make the playoffs playing through an injury

which is weird because it shouldn't need watching him play over a few games at the end of the season playing injured to realize he had an amazing season

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Damn I wanted to post the video where the whole panel called Karlsson "the Bobby Orr of our time", but it was removed from youtube.

Does anyone know where I could find it elsewhere?

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
PS. "Each of the last 3 years I've had him number 1 on my list for the Norris Trophy Winner." "He is on my HART trophy ballet." - Bob Mckenzie

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
it takes a month to heal and by thursday it will be a month, on top of that karlsson is a fast healer so would not be surprised if he is pretty much fine now

He's clearly not fine. Doubt he'll be healed in three or four days. I'm sure the three days off will help though.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What timing... Why is he disclosing this now?

Pretty hard to target the heel for injury, I guess. I doubt he's worried about guys trying to break his foot any further.

PS. "Each of the last 3 years I've had him number 1 on my list for the Norris Trophy Winner." "He is on my HART trophy ballet." - Bob Mckenzie

Who is he trying to kid? Mac was one of the conductors of the Due Doughty train.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I still think it's Burn's yr & he will win it, it was Doughty's last yr & next yr Karlsson will get it back unless they need to give Hedman one. :nod:

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Welp, last season's Norris winner isn't in the playoffs OR even nominated this year. Karlsson, on the other hand, is the only one of the three nominees to win a playoffs series this season, and is a better player than he was last season.

Hedman and Burns... well, of those two I honestly think Hedman is a better player, but EK is better than either. I'm thinking that he's gonna be the only active D-man in the league with 3 Norris trophies after the award show.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Words can't describe how good he is. I can't imagine what 100% EK would be doing in these playoffs.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I still think it's Burn's yr & he will win it, it was Doughty's last yr & next yr Karlsson will get it back unless they need to give Hedman one. :nod:

I agreed with this a couple months ago.. but the way the media has been talking up EK... I think he wins it again

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I agreed with this a couple months ago.. but the way the media has been talking up EK... I think he wins it again

Playoffs don't count right? It's a regular season award & Burns had the most pts & does everything else well. It's obviously between those two & should be interesting but considering Burns has been close for two seasons now I'm guessing at least one eastern writer votes for Burns, probably Simmons from TO. :shakehead

The opposite could also be true trying to talk up Karlsson so that when he loses they can say they weren't against him because they know we hate everything that comes out of the CBC or TSN or Sportsnet in TO. hahaha

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
I can't understand where he found that extra fuel for the OT. He looked injured the while game and then in the OT he was A+ all of a sudden

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Playoffs don't count right? It's a regular season award & Burns had the most pts & does everything else well. It's obviously between those two & should be interesting but considering Burns has been close for two seasons now I'm guessing at least one eastern writer votes for Burns, probably Simmons from TO. :shakehead

The opposite could also be true trying to talk up Karlsson so that when he loses they can say they weren't against him because they know we hate everything that comes out of the CBC or TSN or Sportsnet in TO. hahaha

The award is supposed to go to the best d-man of the season, not "close to the best of the past few seasons."

Then again, Doughty was Due, so hey, whatever. :shakehead Personally, if it doesn't go to Karlsson, I think Hedman deserves it more than Burns.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The award is supposed to go to the best d-man of the season, not "close to the best of the past few seasons."

Then again, Doughty was Due, so hey, whatever. :shakehead Personally, if it doesn't go to Karlsson, I think Hedman deserves it more than Burns.

Why? and why the hate for Burns just because they have been saying it was his to lose all yr or because he is taking it away from the golden boy on here. Burns had a great season, he's very good at both ends of the ice, he's a complete defenceman & he had the most pts by a defenceman. Why shouldn't he win it, he is every bit as deserving as anyone & I'm looking forward to his acceptant speech. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad