Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
McDonald‏Verified account @ESPNJoeyMac

Sens' Craig Anderson on Erik Karlsson: "He’s starting to remind me a lot like Alfie, where guys are starting to kill themselves for him.â€

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
There isn't a player in the NHL with the eye of the tiger that Karlsson has. Did you see his face when he slashed the Boston fans hand, the guy is INTENSE - he's on a mission.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
McDonald‏Verified account @ESPNJoeyMac

Sens' Craig Anderson on Erik Karlsson: "He’s starting to remind me a lot like Alfie, where guys are starting to kill themselves for him.â€

#ALLIN (a cult)

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
There isn't a player in the NHL with the eye of the tiger that Karlsson has. Did you see his face when he slashed the Boston fans hand, the guy is INTENSE - he's on a mission.

I love seeing the fire in Karlsson. Alfie had the fire but it seemed more private and more of an internal thing. Fans frequently complained about his "lead by example" style rather than having a "rah rah" kind of guy.

Seeing Karlsson tear down Brassard's effort the other day and then put his money where his mouth is and set up the GTG to Brassard of all people was just amazing.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Good article on how Karlsson is taking apart the bruins: http://www.tsn.ca/karlsson-is-dominating-the-bruins-1.729355

Only Bergeron is able to hold on

travis-yost-erik-karlsson-graphic.JPG

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Remember when we were concerned that Karlsson wouldn't be playing at 100%? lol

By this point of the season, very few players are at 100%. Karlsson from comments and observations, there does seem to be a lot pointing to some injury struggles, but, I think it's clear that Karlsson has developed as a player who can battle through injuries. That durability is not what you usually associate with agile puck moving defenceman, who rely heavily on foot speed to create offence.

The Alfie comparisons are getting frequent right now, and an interesting element to Alfie's story in Ottawa was that he rarely missed a playoff game, but, by the end of most seasons, he was clearly fighting through things. Despite that, he was almost always one of our best players in the post season. In 2007 though, he even commented that going into that post season, he felt healthier than he had ever been going into the playoffs. That's when he lead Ottawa to the finals.

If this is Karlsson still fighting the injury bug in the playoffs, I hope we get to see stars align and him be injury free one time to see him take his game to another level.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I love seeing the fire in Karlsson. Alfie had the fire but it seemed more private and more of an internal thing. Fans frequently complained about his "lead by example" style rather than having a "rah rah" kind of guy.

Seeing Karlsson tear down Brassard's effort the other day and then put his money where his mouth is and set up the GTG to Brassard of all people was just amazing.

Alfie was a very fiery guy but I think there's one incident that will cast a black mark on him and his leadership and it's when we were playing the Penguins and were down in the series.. the media asked him about what he thought our chances were and I think he said something to the effect of 'not good, we're probably going to lose or something like that', although I guess in defence that was during a period of time where I believe he was mad at Melnyk about contract details.. he might have left Ottawa not long after that playoff series I believe.

But we're witnessing Karlsson at the peak of his playing ability, let's enjoy the ride. This would be a very average team without him

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
EK has done a lot this season, and post season, but the one thing that stands miles apart for me was the 116 ft saucer pass in game 3 to Hoffman. WOW!!! This guy isn't just a living legend he's a hockey wizard.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
EK has done a lot this season, and post season, but the one thing that stands miles apart for me was the 116 ft saucer pass in game 3 to Hoffman. WOW!!! This guy isn't just a living legend he's a hockey wizard.

Unbelievable pass...and Hoffman just adding a whole bunch of cherries on top finishing that move.

Also, EK65's ability to dangle on the line and create plays from nothing really seperates him from the pack. Burns may score more goals but I still take EK everyday of the week. The mobility is unreal.

Go Win...oh wait. We suck.

Really hope you guys just finish Boston off. When speaking about Boston I get that look that Karlsson got in his eyes when he chopped that B's fan.:madfire:

possesthepuck

Nov 23, 2013
Kenora Ontario
So happy for the guy. I have never seen a team in the NHL commited to a game plan that revolves around one player. Its like the system is Karlsson. I love the sens so much.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

He has been a puck wizard for awhile. However not only was he overlooked sometimes by the media, there was also plenty of Karlsson bashing.If he was mentioned it was often because some misplay was isolated and replayed instead of all his highlight reel wizardry.
Steve Lloyd commented on it several times- too often the Doughty boosting during the lead up to the Norris vote last year included a lot of Karlsson bashing. No matter what Orr or Potvin or Coffey had to say, the pundits were full of put downs. Now its as though he was chopped liver until this years playoffs and has suddenly transformed into great payer overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad