Player Discussion Erik Gustafsson: The "Don't Panic, It's Not Gudbranson" Edition

Prendan Brust

Jul 31, 2003
Québec
Crazy to think this guy had a 60 pts season 2 years ago... I didn't even know him... His name is vaguely familiar... I guess there's a reason for that!

del17

Dec 26, 2015
No risk here would have wanted a player with more recent success like Dunn they must be sticking to we want a first Bergevin probably only offers a third now

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Flyers fan- Gus was poor in his time in Philly, but he can be tolerable if he can be insulated by a much better defensively partner/system which Flyers didn’t have. He makes really poor pinches and often gets caught and is almost useless in his own end. Just makes those gaffes that makes you wonder if he has a brain. However offensively, he can occasionally make things happen. Good outlet pass if he has options. Also has a decent shot and knows how to get it on net from the point and so is a solid option for the PP.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Flyers fan- Gus was poor in his time in Philly, but he can be tolerable if he can be insulated by a much better defensively partner/system which Flyers didn’t have. He makes really poor pinches and often gets caught and is almost useless in his own end. Just makes those gaffes that makes you wonder if he has a brain. However offensively, he can occasionally make things happen. Good outlet pass if he has options. Also has a decent shot and knows how to get it on net from the point and so is a solid option for the PP.

Oh good he should work well with Weber who can’t skate and is prone to his own bad pinches and idiocy. A fun little disaster.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
for a 7th round pick in 2022 + 50% salary retention

If anyone complains...just leave immediately lol

indeed... a useless move but one that doesn't cost anything, hopefully... chance to throw more sh*t at the wall and hope something sticks i guess.

but it does beg the question of where exactly does he slot in? Does this mean that Romanov will now be getting the yo-yo treatment to make room for the 2 vets MB added? if so, that would be a net negative.

Weber, Petry, Edmundson, Chiarot, Merrill, Gustafsson, Romanov, Kulak... that's 8 dmen once Chiarot is back, and MB's tenure MO has been to see the coach make the young players the odd-men out and/or played out of position/yo-yoed... would prefer seeing Romanov getting consistent role to finish out the season personally.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Good PP distributor, defensive side is a mess.

I don’t know what to make of this, at least nothing of value was given.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
crazy how someone can go from 17 goals and 60 points to years ago to 4 different teams in 2 years and traded for a 7th ...

I don't know, can he play 4th line wing and on the PP??

Reactions: Vachon23

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
50% retained is interesting. Wonder if there's another trade in the works?
They had almost 3M in available cap space because of Gallagher being on LTIR, so they still have a bit of room if they need to do something else but I think that's about it.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal

So like a more offensive Mete... or a Mete with offense, actually

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad