Confirmed with Link: Erik Gustafsson signs with Hawks

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Oduya was very good after his injury. Problem is, he was incredibly bad before it, and that was a much larger stretch of the season

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
How much more is Oduya really going to make. I don't think he should take a pay cut to stay with the Hawks, but he's a middle of the road 3-4 D man with his best years behind him, IMO. Most teams will be challenged to come up with a salad to put his head on a swivel. Calgary might make sense.

He's a top 4 shut-down D with a cup ring and an Olympic Silver medal.

Odie is gonna get paid.

I don't think the Blackhawks can afford him.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Anaheim signed Clayton ****ing Stoner to a 4 year 14 M contract because he played the Blackhawks in the playoffs sort of OK with the Wild last year. I'm pretty sure GM's will care a lot more about what Oduya is doing in these playoffs than his subpar play in December and January.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
GMs are far more likely to overpay a player based on a good playoff performance than underpay him based on a subpar regular season before that.

Bickell is the perfect archetype for this.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
thats why we can move Bickell, that's why Oduya is going to get a contract that will be more than the Hawks can afford. If JO wants to stay, it's up to him and his demands.

Omahawk

Apr 26, 2015
2015/16 will take care of itself in June. It's hard to see Stan trading Bickell after what he has given the Hawks in size and snarl in the playoffs yet again.

On defense it is a 4 man unit that will go as far as those 4 will take it.

Rundblad will be judged by what he brings now as a replacement for Rosy. If he struggles mightily that will likely open the door for Johns, now and going forward. If Rundblad plays solid, that could spell the end of Oduya in the off season.

I see Rockford is almost out and the cream has risen to the top, as echler Gotovets was -2 in top pairing minutes. That to me is mind boggling. Holl was better than him in Indy and cant get a sniff but kariil is in Rockfords top 4 in the playoffs ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad