Confirmed with Link: Erik Gustafsson signs with Hawks

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
By SHL standards Karlsson plays physical

You know this how? Only becuse shl is less physical than nhl, it does not mean that players like karlsson is viewed as an physical player in shl. Karlsson would not even be in top 100 physical players in shl.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Karlsson can play physical. He just doesn't. Did anyone else watch the MTL series? He was, at times, mowing people down.

He does lay big hits. He destroyed Beauliue and knocked him out of the series. Its something people dont think of when people play karlsson but he picks his spots. Even his scouting reports when he was drafted said he liked to lay big hits which was surprising for such a small player. I remember his draft comparison being kronwall because he was also small when drafted.

I'm sure if you look for it or ask there will plenty of sens fans willing to show highlights of karlsson destroying people.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
could some explain how we are able to sign him if he was drafted by ED? if its because he is 3 years removed then does that mean if we do not sign Press, Norell and dalhstrom they would become free agents in a year? College kids are free agents Aug 15 after the graduate or use up eligbility and USHL or Canada kids are 2 years they become Free agents.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
could some explain how we are able to sign him if he was drafted by ED? if its because he is 3 years removed then does that mean if we do not sign Press, Norell and dalhstrom they would become free agents in a year? College kids are free agents Aug 15 after the graduate or use up eligbility and USHL or Canada kids are 2 years they become Free agents.

They for some reason didn't give him a contract and the rights to him ran out. The 2 year rule still applied for Erik.

I asked a friend who works as a scout if Edmontons rights to him ran out since they didnt give him a contract last summer. He answered "Oh yeah, you're right. Big mistake" Not that he'll for sure be an NHLer, but a solid prospect for an organization starved of d-men.

I think I read some blogger blasting Oilers for "forgetting" or whatever to sign Gustafsson in time.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
They for some reason didn't give him a contract and the rights to him ran out. The 2 year rule still applied for Erik.

I asked a friend who works as a scout if Edmontons rights to him ran out since they didnt give him a contract last summer. He answered "Oh yeah, you're right. Big mistake" Not that he'll for sure be an NHLer, but a solid prospect for an organization starved of d-men.

I think I read some blogger blasting Oilers for "forgetting" or whatever to sign Gustafsson in time.

That sounds about right for Oilers management.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Bowman article from Chris Kuc and Kuc drops this bomb
Over the last two weeks, Bowman and his staff have landed two top free agents from Europe and with certain changes looming in the summer because of salary-cap constraints, both appear headed to the Hawks' roster next season.

What?! That is kind of a big statement that you can extrapolate off of. Basically closes the book on Oduya, for example.

Link:http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...lackhawks-future-spt-0510-20150509-story.html

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
No and even if we were Gustafsson on the Hawks has greater implications than just Oduya.

I don't think there was ever a chance Oduya gets signed unless they trade sea brook in the offseason...what ever happens just don't let 27 & 7 play together....EVER

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Keith Seabrook
Hammer TVR/Johns
Gustafsson TVR/Johns
Old guy

Apparently the D corp has been set and I wasn't notified.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Keith Seabrook
Hammer TVR/Johns
Gustafsson TVR/Johns
Old guy

Oduya is looking at very likely his last contract as an NHL player. The Blackhawks are not in the position to give him either the term or the dollar figure he could earn on the open market.

If he's willing to make less money after winning one cup (possibly 2) and an olympic silver medal, then great.

I doubt he is. His value will likely never be higher. He's going to cash in.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Not a bad signing at all. Hawks have been making moves on and off the ice. Bowman haters, tell me how he hasn't done a good job. This cap era is a ***** for a lot of teams, but Stan seems to orchestrate around it pretty well every year.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Keith Seabrook
Hammer TVR/Johns
Gustafsson TVR/Johns
Old guy

I like the people but I would like to see

Keith-Johns
Hammer-TVR
Gustafsson-Seabrook
old guy

partly cause the following year Seabrook is GONE and then we go

Keith-Pokka
Hammer-Johns
Gustafsson-TVR
old or young guy...

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
If Oduya isn't re-signed then trading Sharp isn't anywhere near as likely. You can trade Bickell and Versteeg and be done with it.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Not a bad signing at all. Hawks have been making moves on and off the ice. Bowman haters, tell me how he hasn't done a good job. This cap era is a ***** for a lot of teams, but Stan seems to orchestrate around it pretty well every year.

I think that is why he was not worried about trading picks away cause he was/is able to sign guys like Baun, palette, planarian, gustavsson

IMO Stan Bowman is top 5 GM in the NHL....can't wait to see what he does in the offseason....

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
If Oduya isn't re-signed then trading Sharp isn't anywhere near as likely. You can trade Bickell and Versteeg and be done with it.

Stan is going to do more than that IMO....

in all liklihood Versteeg stays cause of his cap hit and some say versatility....as long as he stays on lines 3 or 4 thats fine....

Bickell, Sharp, Shaw get moved IMO

Oduya, Richards and Vermette are not resigned (unless Vermette takes a discount)

Kruger gets resigned....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad