Injury Report: Erik Gudbranson to undergo shoulder surgery.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
A career-threatening injury--Souray sat out all of '02-03 with a
fractured left wrist that required four operations--forced him to
reconsider that lifestyle, and he has matured as a result. This
year, finally getting the most out of one of the NHL's heaviest
slap shots, he led all defensemen at week's end with 15 goals,
two more than his career total entering the season.

Souray's impressive return--he'll make his first All-Star
appearance this weekend--mirrors that of the Canadiens, who at
26-20-6-2 were in fourth place in the Northeast Division and on
track for the playoffs. "He's an impact defenseman now," says
Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock. "You always knew that in his end,
there was a price to be paid. Now you pay attention to him in the
other end too."

#cloudtalk
Did I miss something?????? Did we manage to trade Gudbranson for Souray??????

That's a real nice story but there is no reason think that will be the outcome here.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Who is the injury prone player again?

They are both injury prone, but I feel Tanev's injury proneness has more to do with his style of play (taking big hits to make a play). Gudbranson has always been injury prone.

Maybe it is just Vancouver water or something. Dan Hamhuis has thus far missed 5 games TOTAL the past 2 seasons. So much for his body having broken down. Even Bieksa hasn't missed too many games in his time in Anaheim if you take away his hand injury from a fight this season.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
They are both injury prone, but I feel Tanev's injury proneness has more to do with his style of play (taking big hits to make a play). Gudbranson has always been injury prone.

Maybe it is just Vancouver water or something. Dan Hamhuis has thus far missed 5 games TOTAL the past 2 seasons. So much for his body having broken down. Even Bieksa hasn't missed too many games in his time in Anaheim if you take away his hand injury from a fight this season.
Keith Ballard was the same (missed very few games) before becoming a Canuck.

Salo though I think was always injury prone even in his Sens days (I *think* that was one of the reasons why the Sens dealt him).

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville

Dr. Punch Clock's diagnosis is that his freakishly quick growth spurt left his bones and muscles a little more vulnerable, porous and slightly underdeveloped. His best asset has always been his IQ.

That will be $40 please.....

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
He's gonna come back and be the Chris Pronger-lite he was drafted to be. And that's just in the regular season. Wait until we see him in the playoffs!

Me next time we're in them
giphy.gif

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Not that it was ever in doubt, but this basically proves they knew he needed surgery when they invested $12 million into him.

After knees and concussions, bad shoulders must be the next biggest culprit for slowing down a guys career down.
I think he's already covered the 'slowing down' part.... his whole career. Is there even anything to slow down with his game?

Reactions: The Extrapolater

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Wait a second, we knew he was hurt and still signed him to an extension?

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Yeah... his intimidation factor.

Now that our opponents know our 6'5" hitting machine is damaged goods they won't fear him anymore.
Other players fear him? That's news to me.

And when has he ever been a 'hitting machine'? I'd like to see the stats on this. Michael Del Zotto actually is the one that leads our team in hits, and he isn't exactly known as a 'feared player'. When does Gudbranson have a big hit? Once every 25-30 games when he gets lucky? Scary.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Not that it was ever in doubt, but this basically proves they knew he needed surgery when they invested $12 million into him.

After knees and concussions, bad shoulders must be the next biggest culprit for slowing down a guys career.
A wounded Guddy is a dangerous Guddy. Don't underestimate that value Eddie ;)

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Other players fear him? That's news to me.

And when has he ever been a 'hitting machine'? I'd like to see the stats on this. Michael Del Zotto actually is the one that leads our team in hits, and he isn't exactly known as a 'feared player'. When does Gudbranson have a big hit? Once every 25-30 games when he gets lucky? Scary.

I thought that statement was so asinine that it didn't need emoticons.

--> :sarcasm: <--

;)

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I thought that statement was so asinine that it didn't need emoticons.

--> :sarcasm: p>

;)
Ah fair enough. You kind of have to include them here because there are actually posters that would believe that, trust me. I'm not going to name them, I think people here know who they are.

In bizarro world, where the 'Benning boys' live, those kind of statements are the norm.

Reactions: Eddy Punch Clock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad