Injury Report: Erik Gudbranson to undergo shoulder surgery.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
A career-threatening injury--Souray sat out all of '02-03 with a
fractured left wrist that required four operations--forced him to
reconsider that lifestyle, and he has matured as a result. This
year, finally getting the most out of one of the NHL's heaviest
slap shots, he led all defensemen at week's end with 15 goals,
two more than his career total entering the season.

Souray's impressive return--he'll make his first All-Star
appearance this weekend--mirrors that of the Canadiens, who at
26-20-6-2 were in fourth place in the Northeast Division and on
track for the playoffs. "He's an impact defenseman now," says
Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock. "You always knew that in his end,
there was a price to be paid. Now you pay attention to him in the
other end too."

#cloudtalk

Reactions: vancityluongo

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
Well, now we know why we couldn't get a draft pick for the guy. No team would take him on after doing a physical, Canucks would have had to divulge this information before making a trade or it would have just been canceled after the fact anyways.

The plan was to trade him, but with no team wanting to take on a banged up dman who would likely not have made it to the playoffs anyways, I guess the only option was to sign and trade later rather than lose him for nothing.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Well this pretty much forces Biega into every game now who is a far superior defenseman which is against the tank. Cant say i like this injury at all

Reactions: CanaFan

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Well, now we know why we couldn't get a draft pick for the guy. No team would take him on after doing a physical, Canucks would have had to divulge this information before making a trade or it would have just been canceled after the fact anyways.

The plan was to trade him, but with no team wanting to take on a banged up dman who would likely not have made it to the playoffs anyways, I guess the only option was to sign and trade later rather than lose him for nothing.

I guess it's same (medical) reasons, that Tanev isn't going to return a first rounder, Dermot and Liljegren from the Leafs

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

I want to puke
You have succeed

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
The only way to be a Canucks fan is to be a nihilist. Does it matter? Does hope matter?

Reactions: dwarf

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Ah, that explains why Gudbranson* was inexplicably mediocre this year.

This is awesome news. He's gonna come back and be the Chris Pronger-lite he was drafted to be. And that's just in the regular season. Wait until we see him in the playoffs!
(*a guy who has been a mediocre defenseman for over 300 games)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad