Erie Otters 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Personally, celebrating big wins has ALWAYS been this way for the winning team, the losing side gets easily offended with stuff they don't agree with. Who really cares IMO, be better, get the result...use the "insult" as motivation to come out swinging next game.

These kids go into a hostile environment on the road have comments and gestures made towards them, some in good fun and some cross the line from the home fans...if you can dish it out during the game, expect to get a big FU sometimes from the winning side. It's COMPETITIVE SPORTS for crying out loud. If anything it makes me wish I was 16 - 18 again so I could be a part of the next win...hahaha
Totally agree Mata. As far as I am concerned it's part of being a hockey player or fan. I get a kick out of the players chirping. A lot of these kids played against each other in minor hockey for years. All good.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Totally agree Mata. As far as I am concerned it's part of being a hockey player or fan. I get a kick out of the players chirping. A lot of these kids played against each other in minor hockey for years. All good.

I will say there can be moments it does go too far...or the kids make dumb decisions about situations on the ice, but they are kids. When Bressette got hurt last season and Lavoie stood over him and screamed at him while he was in pain, it crossed a line for me.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
That was an emotional win. Ups and downs, but more up than downs IMO. Huge win as we head back to Kitchener.

One thing this series it not short on so far is fireworks.

Top 3 lines seem to be rolling and our 4th line is holding strong. Schaefer looks like he's grown up by about 2 years in these playoffs so far and even Sauder is playing really well for being one of the younger defenders.

Lots of promise as we head back to Kitchener.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
That was an emotional win. Ups and downs, but more up than downs IMO. Huge win as we head back to Kitchener.

One thing this series it not short on so far is fireworks.

Top 3 lines seem to be rolling and our 4th line is holding strong. Schaefer looks like he's grown up by about 2 years in these playoffs so far and even Sauder is playing really well for being one of the younger defenders.

Lots of promise as we head back to Kitchener.
Quite honestly the OHL originally scheduled us on the day of the eclipse because they figured we’d get swept. This team was too much heart for that. This a fantastic team looking towards the future.

Schaefer is a work horse. I want his TOI because he had to of played half the game. I’d compare him to Johnston who is obviously our OA.

This team is guaranteed 6 games. Fantastic for development. The future is bright. Now finish this series strong.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Quite honestly the OHL originally scheduled us on the day of the eclipse because they figured we’d get swept. This team was too much heart for that. This a fantastic team looking towards the future.

Schaefer is a work horse. I want his TOI because he had to of played half the game. I’d compare him to Johnston who is obviously our OA.

This team is guaranteed 6 games. Fantastic for development. The future is bright. Now finish this series strong.
Unsure of why they moved it to be honest.

Most people say downtown will be cleared out by then (5ish) and now we will be competing against the Seawolves for fans on a very special home opener for them.

Horrible idea from management if the "home crowd" helps you win. Now, if Kitchener couldn't get hotels orsomething, I could see it as plausible but media reports indicate it was none other than DB who wanted to move it.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018

Most people say downtown will be cleared out by then (5ish) and now we will be competing against the Seawolves for fans on a very special home opener for them.

Horrible idea from management if the "home crowd" helps you win. Now, if Kitchener couldn't get hotels orsomething, I could see it as plausible but media reports indicate it was none other than DB who wanted to move it.
Hotels are far and few between. Kitchener would likely travel the day before especially with how bad traffic will be. Niagara Falls, Canada has a state of emergency in place due to the eclipse. The Otters take the Rainbow Bridge which is in downtown Niagara Falls when they travel, I assume others do the same since it’s faster.

Hotels are at a premium price. There’s no way Kitchener or any team could a) find enough rooms and b) pay the price since they need a whole wing of a floor give or take 15-16ish rooms depending.

In a series this good, traffic shouldn’t have to be something both teams have to worry about especially with the delays projected.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Hotels are far and few between. Kitchener would likely travel the day before especially with how bad traffic will be. Niagara Falls, Canada has a state of emergency in place due to the eclipse. The Otters take the Rainbow Bridge which is in downtown Niagara Falls when they travel, I assume others do the same since it’s faster.

Hotels are at a premium price. There’s no way Kitchener or any team could a) find enough rooms and b) pay the price since they need a whole wing of a floor give or take 15-16ish rooms depending.

In a series this good, traffic shouldn’t have to be something both teams have to worry about especially with the delays projected.

The 2 ushers we talked to said they expected about 3k this evening. I'm going to guess significantly less on Tuesday to close it out.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010

Pretty sure the teams do their own scheduling. The league just schedules the start date and date it must be completed. League would only step in if the teams can't come to an agreement.

Is there an event planned for Sunday at the arena? That would have been a better day for game 6.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Pretty sure the teams do their own scheduling. The league just schedules the start date and date it must be completed. League would only step in if the teams can't come to an agreement.

Is there an event planned for Sunday at the arena? That would have been a better day for game 6.
Yes, there is a cheerleading competition is at the arena all weekend.

The 2 ushers we talked to said they expected about 3k this evening. I'm going to guess significantly less on Tuesday to close it out.
Likely, I thought we pushed closer to 4,000. It was so loud that I couldn’t figure out what we were chanting.

Reactions: rangersblues

OttersHockey1968

Apr 13, 2022

Horrible idea from management if the "home crowd" helps you win. Now, if Kitchener couldn't get hotels orsomething, I could see it as plausible but media reports indicate it was none other than DB who

I really don't think we compete with the Seawolves as far as fans go. Two totally different fan bases. Would you rather watch a home playoff game with a chance to clinch or sit outside in the cold and watch a season opener for a team who plays 68 or 70 home games?

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Gaudreau has played like he wasn’t injured.

I’m really liking Stan Butler. You can tell the players respect him. Butler essentially said in the locker room before the third “remember how you felt when you lost the last game”. The team responded well and did exactly what they needed to do. That’s good to see looking into the future.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
I’m disappointed we didn’t get the win. Benny played stellar and the team really owes it to him. There’s not much else to say.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
From my seat, the Erie D give the opposing forwards too much space on the rush. They just give away zone entries for free and as if that wasn't bad enough allow the Kitchener puck carrier to slow up and cut across the high slot.

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
That missed holding call on the breakaway at 6:30 of the 1st was a brutal missed call!!

I’m cheering for you guys as long as you don’t meet my wolves, good luck the rest of the way!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad