Erie Otters 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Can we just get everyone clicking on a high level for like 2-3 consecutive games ??? I haven’t checked stats but thank God for Edwards playing at a high level

pre-injury and after JR’s - I’d love to see stat comparisons from Terrance to say Edwards
It has been pretty rough for Terrance since the WJC. Could be injury related. Could be the fact that he lost confidence, which might stem from not playing any hockey in the WJC as a reserve… Really tough spot for him and I was worried it could lead to this, as it often does when many players come back from that tournament.

Pre WJC
28gp 22g 12a 34pts

Post WJC
28gp 7g 11a 18pts

That’s a major change in production. Without Edwards showing up, idk where they would be offensively. He picked up that slack with 22g, 34pts in 38gp - with this first game being right after holiday break and while Terrance was at WJC

Reactions: 7D442 and Mata

EOtterstracker

Oct 13, 2023
Oh good God. Gaudreau and Misiak still out, Bressette and Messier both out now, and we’re literally running an entire extra
IMG_3143.jpeg
defense pair. Safe to say we can jot this one down as a loss unless a miracle happens. They have to all be catching the flu.

Reactions: OttersFan and Mata

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
You know it’s bad when they have to put Holomego in.

Daviault is also out.

This is a loss and likely a huge loss unless Terrance and Spence find their stride again.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Oh good God. Gaudreau and Misiak still out, Bressette and Messier both out now, and we’re literally running an entire extra View attachment 844066defense pair. Safe to say we can jot this one down as a loss unless a miracle happens. They have to all be catching the flu.

Definitely have to assume the flu is the "best case" scenario for what is going on. Same thing happened to Mercyhurst Women's D1 team when they headed off to play Penn State, the flu bug caught hold and just ravaged the locker room.

I feel if we can keep this close it will bode well for confidence coming back to Erie. The last thing we need is a big blowout to give Kitchener a big boost heading into games 3 and 4.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Such tough circumstances. Finally get to the playoffs and you immediately get the flu passing around the team. Bad luck. Really thought this team had a chance to make noise but without BG and now illness, it’s going to be highly unlikely

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Such tough circumstances. Finally get to the playoffs and you immediately get the flu passing around the team. Bad luck. Really thought this team had a chance to make noise but without BG and now illness, it’s going to be highly unlikely
I have a feeling the team is going to play BG similar to how they played Campbell when he returned from injury. Hype up BG return, and he’ll play the two playoff games in Erie.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I have a feeling the team is going to play BG similar to how they played Campbell when he returned from injury. Hype up BG return, and he’ll play the two playoff games in Erie.
It seems like he’s trending towards a return if he traveled with the team but he’s not even on the dressed and on the bench for games so he’s simply not ready to go right now. I guess that can change in a few days but I doubt they are holding him back and not even at least dressing him just so his return can be on home ice. If that’s the strategy, that’s a poor coaching decision. They need all the help they can get right now, especially in net.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019

I am not so sure he sees the ice again. Fraser has played pretty solid. Would BG provide an emotional boost, sure, but how rusty is he going to be coming back in must win games?

Perhaps he makes his return for game 4 if we are down 3-0, but I would not be shocked if he doesn't come back until the 2nd round, if at all.

It has been a great run and Stan and the boys have navigated an up and down season fairly well to make the 5th seed, but it has all been piece mealed together for the past 2 months. I didn't expect to be missing this many of our top players in the post season. I hope we can make some magic happen, but right now the cards are stacked against us.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
This is a dumpster fire as expected. Molnar should get the primary assist on the second Kitchener goal. Passing in front of our net never works.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
This is a dumpster fire as expected. Molnar should get the primary assist on the second Kitchener goal. Passing in front of our net never works.
Edit to say, this team has responded better than expected after the first 3 mins of the game.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
What a team win. Still without your best, and really only, goalie, down some players due to illness, down 2-0, on the road in a place that’s been tough to play for them all year, and they just found a way to compete and get it down. Great response

Now, hopefully they can just get healthy

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
I’ll eat my words everyday of the week. These kids are here to play and to win. There’s so much heart on this team.

Spence and Terrance finally contributing has been refreshing. Of course the FEAr line, outstanding. Johnny and Sovs on D stepping up huge. Bring this energy and pack the EIA Tuesday.

The Aud was fairly quiet today! Sounded like a home game to me.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Did Keagan Knight get any minutes today and if so, how'd he look?

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
There as a neutral observer and wasn't expecting Erie fans to be as loud as they were. Nice to see the players salute the fans after the game.

A lot (and I mean A LOT) of embellishment from the rangers today. If I didn't know any better I would assume the rangers were the underdogs after this game.

As someone from sw ontario, I'd live to see this game go 7. Good series so far.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Did Keagan Knight get any minutes today and if so, how'd he look?
He was on the ice for the last minute or two once we scored the empty net. He didn’t really play since Kitchener about forfeited at that point.

Reactions: Mata

JRHockeyBUZZZ

Mar 28, 2024
Rangers @ Otters from the EIA in what is my game of the night prediction.

So far this series has been fairly back in forth with the Rangers taking game 1 on the back of a 3 point night (2 goals) from Luke Elinas. Game 1 saw the otters go down 2 goals three different times before finally the Rangers put the game to bed late in the third. Parsons was solid in Game 1 turning aside 26/29. Fraser was 27/32 in his OHL post Season debut & 2nd ever playoff jr appearance (4 games with Trenton 22-23)..
Game 2 saw the Otters trailing 2-0 less than 5 minutes into the game. Pano Fimis got the Otters on the board Before Spence tied it up early in the 2nd period.Sam Alfono got his first of the game to give the Otters their first lead of the series . Rhekopf got the equalizer with just under 2 remaining in the 2nd. The late goal did not seem to effect the team as Terrance came out and scored just over one minute in. Sop would answer before Alfano and the Otters struck again and Erie added 2 more. (Smith, Edwards) to tie the series 1-1.

I highly suspect this game to follow the other 2. With a back and forth feel. I feel like this game may shape up a touch bit more defensively with the teams trying to limit the trading goals back & forth.

I would look for a big game from both Parsons & Fraser who to this point have both been okay. Hoping the EIA is rocking tonight to give a good atmosphere to both teams & to create the big game feel it deserves.

I am thinking Erie jumps out and grabs this one final score 4-2

Good Luck to both teams and Fans!

Hope this series continues to be a fun one!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad