Injury Report: Ericsson out 3-5 weeks with broken ribs

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Rafalski was pretty underrated here. Nick Lidstrom can make anyone's numbers good, but that's one signing where Holland hit the nail on the head. He was perfect in this system.

I was watching an encore presentation of the Wings/Hawks WC and again realized how good he really was.

I miss him.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
My favorite Rafalski moment:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g6_tneoYb0w

Obviously it didn't end up being the game winner, but at the time of that goal I was about as happy as one could be. What a 3rd period that was, with the exception of the last minute. They won the Cup anyways, but it sure would have been nice to do it at home.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
My favorite Rafalski moment:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g6_tneoYb0w

Obviously it didn't end up being the game winner, but at the time of that goal I was about as happy as one could be. What a 3rd period that was, with the exception of the last minute. They won the Cup anyways, but it sure would have been nice to do it at home.

Don't remind me. I was jumping for joy when he scored that, and based on how it was scored and the fact the Wings were chipping away at the Penguins' lead all night it should have been the cup winner.

****ing Talbot.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Don't remind me. I was jumping for joy when he scored that, and based on how it was scored and the fact the Wings were chipping away at the Penguins' lead all night it should have been the cup winner.

****ing Talbot.

To this day... anytime I hear "Max Talbot", my blood starts to boil.

NyquistIsMyGod*

After reading this thread, I think we can all agree on one thing. Aquire Brett Lebda. He's the reason we were winning.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
trade when your desperate? No, i would advise against that.

Ericsson is a big loss though.

Between him and DD. We have been short a #2/3 D man pretty much all season.

This hurts when our #4 D man (sometimes kindl, quincey, smith) are all playing like #5-6 Dmen normally.

So ya, we are weak on the back end right now.

But this is what we get for using young guys. This is trial by fire like most other teams have to go through.

What "young" guys? This team is floundering because a soon-to-be 27 year old and 28 year old have either progressed at a glacial pace or are actually regressing when most defenseman would be hitting their prime.

On the other hand, Smith would probably look great next to a veteran stay-at-home defenseman who was actually stable defensively, Dekeyser has been a Top 3 defenseman for us, and Ouellet didn't miss a beat in his call-ups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad