Injury Report: Ericsson out 3-5 weeks with broken ribs

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Khan tweeted last night that Babcock said he was taken to the hospital for examination and they would know more today. I would bet word trickles out this afternoon.

Electric Thunder

Jul 19, 2011
Oklahoma
google-image-result-for-http-cupofzup-com-wp-content-uploads-2012-04-mother-of-god-gif.gif

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Absolutely awful news. Feel bad for big E.

Give me Sproul or Marchenko pleaseeee. We need a big body that can move the puck.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
kindl can move the puck when no one is pressuring him. if someone is, he either gives suicide pass to someone or coughs it up. incredibly annoying as it really has been that way most of the season. hopefully the scratching woke him up a bit.

that said, wouldn't mind to see marchenko or AA2 though i understand if they won't bring another rookie to WC.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
145. 8th most of all teams.

but based on this site and their metrics, wings have more because of their injuries. whether the metric is shots, goals, ice time wings are in top 5 or even first.

Yeah. This year, unlike last year, we actually have significant injuries to real players. Not like "Oh noez, Bert and Eaves are injured!" Nope. It's Z, Datsyuk, Helm, Franzen, Nyquist, Deksyer, Ericsson.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Too bad for Rig. I could see he was in pretty serious pain after that second hit. Somebody speculated ribs on the forum. We just can't get it together this year.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Yeah. This year, unlike last year, we actually have significant injuries to real players. Not like "Oh noez, Bert and Eaves are injured!" Nope. It's Z, Datsyuk, Helm, Franzen, Nyquist, Deksyer, Ericsson.

last year it was sort of blessing in disguise as kids got their chances because of that.

well it's happening this year too but washed up vets are easier to replace than the players wings have lost this year.

Number 9*

last year it was sort of blessing in disguise as kids got their chances because of that.

well it's happening this year too but washed up vets are easier to replace than the players wings have lost this year.

A silver lining?:sarcasm:

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
@AnsarKhanMLive 11m
The Wings will not recall a defenseman from Grand Rapids. Holland said they'll go with the six they have.

DAMN-IT

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Hopefully it is only 3-5 weeks. Call up Sproul and Marchenko. Ouellet is too important to GR to call up. He can also use the increase in PP time. Waive Kindl and Quincey.

Kronwall-Dekeyser
Lashoff-Smith
Marchenko-Sproul

I am happy the kids are finally getting to play, just sucks Kenneh had to fill the roster with dead weight and keep them from playing sooner.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hopefully it is only 3-5 weeks. Call up Sproul and Marchenko. Ouellet is too important to GR to call up. He can also use the increase in PP time. Waive Kindl and Quincey.

Kronwall-Dekeyser
Lashoff-Smith
Marchenko-Sproul

I am happy the kids are finally getting to play, just sucks Kenneh had to fill the roster with dead weight and keep them from playing sooner.

If our best defensive defenceman is injured, callin up offensive Marchenko an Sproul is a very stupid move. Ouellet would be the right answer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad