I want to see

Kronwall-DD
Lashoff-Smith
Kindl-Marchenko

Or

Kronwall-DD
Smith-Ouellet
Quincey-Lashoff

Can't have both Kindl and Quincey on the ice this year. That's suicide.

NyquistIsMyGod*

The fact that with the Ericsson injury Lashoff is the third safest defenseman to have out there.. that's a bit scary.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
The fact that with the Ericsson injury Lashoff is the third safest defenseman to have out there.. that's a bit scary.

Safest getting the easiest match-ups. Not sure Lashoff won't look akin to Quincey if he gets a larger role.

Either way, we've got just 2 top 4 defenseman on this team for the next 3-5 weeks if Kenny sits on his hands. Everyone else is a 5/6 defenseman at best.

I don't care which forwards come back. With our slumping goaltenders and this defense, we might be toast.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Safest getting the easiest match-ups. Not sure Lashoff won't look akin to Quincey if he gets a larger role.

Either way, we've got just 2 top 4 defenseman on this team for the next 3-5 weeks if Kenny sits on his hands. Everyone else is a 5/6 defenseman at best.

I don't care which forwards come back. With our slumping goaltenders and this defense, we might be toast.

I doubt it, the Wings are still in a fairly comfortable situation some how. Losing Ericsson is brutal, but getting Z, Helm, Abdelkader and Franzen back helps our defense and goaltending. Plus, I think Howard will find his game when he's healthy.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If our best defensive defenceman is injured, callin up offensive Marchenko an Sproul is a very stupid move. Ouellet would be the right answer.

I think Marchenko is ready in all the zones. You are not going to see a Marchenko - Sproul even strength though, both play on the right. They have done a little of that on the PP though where I don't have a problem with the two right handed shots as long as you fan into the umbrella correctly which they do in Grand Rapids when both are out.

Ericsson's loss is huge, was hoping to see either Marchenko or Ouellet up. Actually leaning towards Marchenko because I think he is currently playing the best in Grand Rapids and he would provide a right handed shot.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
If our best defensive defenceman is injured, callin up offensive Marchenko an Sproul is a very stupid move. Ouellet would be the right answer.

One defensive d-man and one offensive d-man on each pairing. Marchenko and Sproul would get the least minutes and make the same mistakes Quincey and Kindl make but they may stop making those mistakes quicker than either of the veterans.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Hey guys remember this?

Lidstrom - Rafalski
Kronwall - Stuart
Lilja - Lebda

Ya neither do I.

The good ol' days!

Edit: I remember back then when I lurked around here and the biggest arguments we had were about Lilja.

Last edited:

NyquistIsMyGod*

Hey guys remember this?

Lidstrom - Rafalski
Kronwall - Stuart
Lilja - Lebda

Ya neither do I.

Yeah amazing how much better we got on the backend over recent years. Can't believe how bad the defense was in 08. ;)

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Too bad for Rig. I could see he was in pretty serious pain after that second hit. Somebody speculated ribs on the forum. We just can't get it together this year.

I think that was me. I've been known to speculate. What do I win?

crashman

Now would be a nice time to trade for that top 4 defenseman we need. Bounce one of Quincey/Smith and Tatar for someone. This team isn't going anywhere with the defense we have now, even if they were all healthy.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
trade when your desperate? No, i would advise against that.

Ericsson is a big loss though.

Between him and DD. We have been short a #2/3 D man pretty much all season.

This hurts when our #4 D man (sometimes kindl, quincey, smith) are all playing like #5-6 Dmen normally.

So ya, we are weak on the back end right now.

But this is what we get for using young guys. This is trial by fire like most other teams have to go through.

crashman

trade when your desperate? No, i would advise against that.

Ericsson is a big loss though.

Between him and DD. We have been short a #2/3 D man pretty much all season.

This hurts when our #4 D man (sometimes kindl, quincey, smith) are all playing like #5-6 Dmen normally.

So ya, we are weak on the back end right now.

But this is what we get for using young guys. This is trial by fire like most other teams have to go through.

Holland won't make a trade anyway, I'm just dreaming out loud.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Can Datsyuk play D? Might as well instead of putting him with Cleary or Bertuzzi. He can't possibly be worse than Karlsson.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
E's a big loss, no question, but I'd trade Zetterberg, Helm, Franzen, and Abdelkader returning over missing E for a month. I think this opportunity will get Dekeyser back on track as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad