Speculation: Eric Staal's Future

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It could but from reading what our fans have to say around the internet, many of them still seem to solely blame Eric for our futility the last decade rather than the awful GMs who polluted the rosters with pure trash for all those years by not being able to draft, trade for or sign any real impact players until he was already pretty much halfway out the door. I don't think Eric is oblivious to how the majority of the fanbase feels about him.

I'd be surprised if this was even a consideration. Kings fans booed Rob Blake after he was traded. He went back as a player and then as an executive.

Staal would have to be Kevin Durant-esque emotionally for nonsense like that to bother him. Plus, he should know that the fanbase would be kissing his ass if he returned.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I'd be surprised if this was even a consideration. Kings fans booed Rob Blake after he was traded. He went back as a player and then as an executive.

Staal would have to be Kevin Durant-esque emotionally for nonsense like that to bother him. Plus, he should know that the fanbase would be kissing his ass if he returned.
I doubt that. There seems to be a lot of vitriol and ungratefulness aimed at Eric to this day, and he has been gone for a few seasons now. And people have soured on Jordan too. I just don't see him wanting to return here which is a shame because we could really use him despite what some of the fanbase thinks about him.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
We’ve been a cap ceiling team every year under Leipold.

Not sure about Naegle.
Spending to the cap =/= a championship caliber team.

Lets hope Eric Staal can actually bring something of value back to this team at this point. We're a long cry from his value during the off-season.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Spending to the cap =/= a championship caliber team.

Lets hope Eric Staal can actually bring something of value back to this team at this point. We're a long cry from his value during the off-season.

Only 1 team out of 4 isn’t “trying” to put together a champion team. The other 3 just aren’t good at it.

Golden Gophers 4649

Minnesota Hockey Fan
Jun 15, 2015
Minneapolis
Minni will never have a cup. It's part of the culture there (native born, bred, raised, son born there, raised there... we left)

A winning culture comes from the culture the team resides in. Why do you think Boston has so many winning teams... again, and again... and again ... in every major sport?

Minnesota is just too polite (sadly).

Trade Staal, give him a chance for a cup

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Boston built that team through the draft and through trades - very little through free agency. Coaches and Management is all nepotism. Pretty weak argument.

The ownership of that team know that the fans demand a winner otherwise you'll be forgotten in the city of champions. If you're an org there and you don't win, there's the Pats, Celtics, and Steeler's vying for the fans money.
What?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2