Confirmed with Link: Eric Staal to Montréal for 3rd and 5th round picks (Sabres retaining 50% salary)

Happy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Depending on the price i may like this, Staal as center depth could be Perry 2.0 except at C. No he doesn't have great stats this year in Buffalo but no one does on that team. iTs an absolute trainwreck right now in Buffalo. And he still has 1 more goal than Eichel

As for Lekhonen getting traded.....personally i don't really care. The guy is a decent but he is a dime a dozen player in the NHL. You can find these type of guys everywhere so no big deal if we lose him imho

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Because I want an upgrade to someone that isn’t soft and has a history of completely disappearing in the playoffs.

I haven't noticed Tatar along the wall this year. Always liked his fight the past two years. But this year and in the return to play, his puck handling has often been atrocious.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Leks makes sense for the cap hit and he clearly isn't liked by the new staff so might as well move him.

For a team that got slower in the offseason, if you add Staal, and then subtract Lehkonen, combined with Byron's reduced role, I think the questions about the habs speed are absolutely valid.

Boy it feels weird to talk about a slow habs team.

Reactions: Habssince89

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
I have been finding our center line to be very young. Young players tend to be inconsistent, especially on faceoffs. That's why the coach needs to rely heavily on Danault. If we get Staal, it will give more options, particularly to start OT.

I also think E. Staal would be a great vet for Suzuki and Kotkaniemi.

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
Tartar has no value, or else bergie would've dump his a$$ last year when we were out of the playoffs and he was having a decent year.. the word is out on him that he sucks in the playoffs.

Reactions: Hins77

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Sure didn’t , pure speculation on both sides here . What we know though is there is a rumoured deal here, and when we look at the roster , not sure what centre he would bump from the top 9
Any of them ? All of them? None? Maybe Suzuki plays wing? I’m not thrilled at the thought Of staal but Bergevin is on his last legs right now. Our Centre group has underwhelmed greatly

Last edited:
Reactions: Halakitlikethat

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sep 6, 2006
I've mentioned on here before that I wanted a replacement for Evans.

Not that he's been bad but I just want someone more experienced.

So I'm happy.

He came out like gangbusters, was loving his play but it has definitely tapered off. I agree with needing the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad