Confirmed with Link: Eric Staal to Montréal for 3rd and 5th round picks (Sabres retaining 50% salary)

Happy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Staal would be an excellent addition.

I was hoping for Hall or Ekholm, but MB getting Staal at a bargainbin price was all the more likely and still a good move. I doubt MB would give up a 2nd for Staal at this point in his career. So I'm guessing the price is at most a 3rd and a prospect like Olofsson.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Let's re-sign Kovalchuk and ice a 4th line of Kovalchuk - Staal - Perry. We can call that line the "10 years too late" line.

EDIT:

Well nevermind I'm too late

We were 6-1 in OT and the shootout last year with Kovalchuk in the lineup, and Kovy scored in 5 of those 6 wins. I would absolutely welcome back Kovalchuk this year. Better late than never.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Oh no, not a 3rd round pick, what will we ever do without that 5% shot of an impact NHLer?

Very low risk, potential medium reward if he's still that 20+G, 55 points guy like last year and it's just the Buffalo stink hindering him this year. If not, ehh, no big loss, he's UFA.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
He might be. Staal has been a bit up and down in his career. A few years ago, he looked finished in new York, and then he went to Minnesota, and had a resurgence.
It will be really weird for me to see this hack in a Habs uni. I mean, I f***ing hated his guts with Carolina. Most hated player after the Eye Gouger, with his stupid howdy doody smile.
And now, he could be wearing the vaunted bleu-blanc-rouge. Man, what has this world come to? Sign of the Apocalyspe. What next? Brad Marchand signing with us?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Tatar's on pace for 55 points and just gave us our only shootout win. Why the Tatar hate?

I'd much rather move Byron, Armia, and Lehkonen before Tatar.

Because I want an upgrade to someone that isn’t soft and has a history of completely disappearing in the playoffs.

Reactions: Surfer72

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Said it in a previous thread, that although the LD spot next to Weber is the most pressing need, I would not be opposed to bringing in Eric Staal for some center depth.

And with the Federal Government agreeing on a 7-day quarantine now, players will be available sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad