Eric Lindros to participate in a Quebec talk show

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You miss the obvious. With Lindros on the roster, it is in all likelihood that the Avs are able to stay in Quebec. And there is no chance that the Montreal Canadiens trade Patrick Roy to the Quebec Nordiques

Oh, lets not forget that during the Avs second run to the Cup, Forsberg was in the press box injured. Hard to tell me how great and critical he was to the Avs when they were able to win without him even on the bench

Yeah, I guess the Penguins didn't need that Crosby guy either in 2009 given his injury in game 7. They showed they can win without him, they would have been just fine.

If you can't realize how critical Forsberg was to the Avs, you either don't like Forsberg or simply don't understand how great he was.
The 1st rounder was used for Thibault, who was traded for Roy, but it's not like they had any idea Detroit would blow Montreal out one night starting chain reaction, after the franchise moved from Quebec, which itself wouldn't happen for another 3 years after Lindros was traded.

There's no single biggest reason the Avs won. Trading Sundin for Clark, who eventually got traded for Lemieux, was just as big. Trading Nolan for Ozolinsh, for a team that had very little punch from the back end, was just as big. If Roy gets taken out after the 4th goal that one night though, history could be different.

Sure, and if Peter Pocklington is smart with his money the Edmonton Oilers never trade Wayne Gretzky. Lots of "what if's" in history, but point is the Lindros deal set up the Nordiques/Avalanche team for a decade of dominance:

http://www.avalanchedb.com/archives/lindrostree.php

The absurd amount of assets they received led to numerous moves and put them over the top.

Big Punisher*

May 23, 2014
A you believe him?

I do, yes. I could tell you a couple personal stories about him, but I guess anyone could make something up on the internet. So instead, I'll suggest you read Theo Fluery's book. Or Ray Scapinello's. Or have a look to see what Lindros did when Sheldon Kennedy returned from the Graham James trial.

I'm sure Lindros wishes he could do somethings over again. I'm sure all of us look back to our teenage years and say the same. His parents' were the ones who put him in some bad positions, but would you go against your mom and dad when you were 16 years old?

PK Subban gets loved by the media because if enough money gets donated to his charity, then he'll donate a portion to a local hospital. Eric Lindros, after his playing career ended, quietly donated $5million of his own money to a local hospital. O think the more you learn about who Eric Lindros really is, the more you'll realize he's one of the good guys

Big Punisher*

May 23, 2014
Yeah, I guess the Penguins didn't need that Crosby guy either in 2009 given his injury in game 7. They showed they can win without him, they would have been just fine.

If you can't realize how critical Forsberg was to the Avs, you either don't like Forsberg or simply don't understand how great he was.

What!??!?! Forsberg played in less than half of the Avs playoff games going out in the 2nd round. Crosby played in every game the Pens played. The 2 are NO where close to being the same. How can a team continue to win if they were missing a guy who was critical to them winning? He missed the entire following year but the Avs still took the division and were 2nd in the Conference. Yeah, they really, really needed him. I guess there is a difference between knowing the game, and just being a fanboi like you.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
What!??!?! Forsberg played in less than half of the Avs playoff games going out in the 2nd round. Crosby played in every game the Pens played. The 2 are NO where close to being the same. How can a team continue to win if they were missing a guy who was critical to them winning? He missed the entire following year but the Avs still took the division and were 2nd in the Conference. Yeah, they really, really needed him. I guess there is a difference between knowing the game, and just being a fanboi like you.

Forsberg also led the playoffs in scoring in 2002 without even making the finals.

So, uh.

Stop.

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
1486780173-16711572-1290596170997021-4937026033706930504-n.jpg

Big E, y u do dis?

ymenard

Dec 29, 2006
After everything went public these past years for Marcel Aubut, I wouldn't be surprised how much hate you can have at him, he seems like the most despicable person ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad