Eric Lindros to participate in a Quebec talk show

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
1486780173-16711572-1290596170997021-4937026033706930504-n.jpg

Looks promising. He has been interviewed for Tout le monde en parle, which will be on Radio-Canada on Sunday night. I thought the photo was enough to create a thread :laugh:

Steeltown

Sep 26, 2003
T.O.
Visit site
Big fan of the player, and he doesn't seem like a bad guy. But I was always upset about his no-show to Quebec. Could have been a nice Anglo-Franco union. But he went full baby

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Big fan of the player, and he doesn't seem like a bad guy. But I was always upset about his no-show to Quebec. Could have been a nice Anglo-Franco union. But he went full baby

I also acknowledge that he was a monster on the ice and could have been one of my favorites, but I can't like him because of what he did. I don't know what his motivations were, if it was really french/quebec hatred or something else. (There are rumors of Aubut and her mother...)

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
The guy standing on the right side of the pic is Steve Bégin.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Always the most flawed logic. Patrick Roy the real catalyst had nothing to do with Lindros trade.

The 1993 1st Round Pick acquired in the Lindros trade was used to select Jocelyn Thibault, who in turn was packaged to get Patrick Roy from Montreal.

The Eric Lindros trade is the single biggest reason why the Avalanche won 2 Stanley Cups. Patrick Roy, Joe Sakic, Ray Bourque etc were huge, huge parts but the Lindros trade set that team up for the next decade with a player who became of equal caliber in Forsberg + a multitude of assets.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Ah man it would have so great to see him in that uniform on the ice. Especially with the talent they had.

He wrote a book and he said his not going to Quebec was a 100% on the Nords' owner's fault, Marcel Aubut(who was fired from the Canadian Olympic commitee for groping several women).

Still I hate that back then Lindros was all "I don't like the language, the culture, etc...". Why did he choose to make himself the bad guy instead of saying it was Aubut back in the day? There was a legend that became rampant in Quebec over the years that Aubut gave Eric prostitutes and his mother caught that or something like that. If anything, if Eric said that, it would have prevented Aubut doing all those filthy things. And would have eased the franco-anglos tension. It was a weird "strategy" from the Lindros camp.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
I also acknowledge that he was a monster on the ice and could have been one of my favorites, but I can't like him because of what he did. I don't know what his motivations were, if it was really french/quebec hatred or something else. (There are rumors of Aubut and her mother...)

His parents, Bonnie & Carl, had a lot to do with it.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I always found it ridiculous how the fans pointed the finger at a 17/18 year old Eric for not signing, when in fact it was 100% his dad Carl, his agent, that didnt want him in QC.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Lindros' wife is from Quebec. Wouldn't be surprised to see more fence mending in that area on his part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad