Eric Lindros to participate in a Quebec talk show

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
1486780173-16711572-1290596170997021-4937026033706930504-n.jpg

Looks promising. He has been interviewed for Tout le monde en parle, which will be on Radio-Canada on Sunday night. I thought the photo was enough to create a thread :laugh:
There are several out there of forberg in a flyer jersey not to mention his draft video

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
I'm sure you'll be in much better shape in your 40's.

I expect I'll be in much worse shape! Doesn't mean I can't poke fun at things. Lindros was always a big boy, and I appreciate the dedication it took from him to maintain such a chiseled figure during his playing career. Nothing wrong with letting it all go when you're enjoying your retirement.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah RDS is going to present a documentary about the whole saga, seems like a GREAT documentary and we all hate RDS. That's the reason why he's invited to the talk show.

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
Guy A Lepage asked him "If Marcel Aubut wouldnt have been there, would you have played for the Nordiques?"

Eric quickly replied : "Yes"

The beef seemed to be with Marcel Aubut and not with the city/organization/langage

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Guy A Lepage asked him "If Marcel Aubut wouldnt have been there, would you have played for the Nordiques?"

Eric quickly replied : "Yes"

The beef seemed to be with Marcel Aubut and not with the city/organization/langage

A you believe him?

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
A you believe him?

Aubut is not exactly known as a good guy, many things on him have been published recently. It does make sense. We'll never know what happened between him and the Lindros family, but I tend to believe Big E on it.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
There was this rumor about Aubut trying to seduce Lindros' mother I heard like 10 or 15 years ago.

Then a few years ago Aubut gets on the news for groping women and has to resign from the COC. I thought it was pretty obvious at this moment why Lindros refused to play with the Nordiques.

Believe it or not, sometimes rumours happen to be true.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Aubut is not exactly known as a good guy, many things on him have been published recently. It does make sense. We'll never know what happened between him and the Lindros family, but I tend to believe Big E on it.

What I'll always Wonder is why that story never came to light earlier. Would've made many women feel safer at work.

There was this rumor about Aubut trying to seduce Lindros' mother I heard like 10 or 15 years ago.

Then a few years ago Aubut gets on the news for groping women and has to resign from the COC. I thought it was pretty obvious at this moment why Lindros refused to play with the Nordiques.

Believe it or not, sometimes rumours happen to be true.

I never heard "that" rumor. What I heard was Aubut calling Bonnie a Subban in French (...or something like that)... With Bonnie understanding what he said, because she understands French.

Is it Steve Begin on the right?

It is.

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
That doesn't actually make it better for Nordiques fans. Quite the contrary.

How does that make it worse? They had terrible ownership and a terrible team. He was valuable and used that to get out of a potential terrible 10 years.

I found it refreshing to see hockey player not act/sound not like a drone.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The 1993 1st Round Pick acquired in the Lindros trade was used to select Jocelyn Thibault, who in turn was packaged to get Patrick Roy from Montreal.

The Eric Lindros trade is the single biggest reason why the Avalanche won 2 Stanley Cups. Patrick Roy, Joe Sakic, Ray Bourque etc were huge, huge parts but the Lindros trade set that team up for the next decade with a player who became of equal caliber in Forsberg + a multitude of assets.

The 1st rounder was used for Thibault, who was traded for Roy, but it's not like they had any idea Detroit would blow Montreal out one night starting chain reaction, after the franchise moved from Quebec, which itself wouldn't happen for another 3 years after Lindros was traded.

There's no single biggest reason the Avs won. Trading Sundin for Clark, who eventually got traded for Lemieux, was just as big. Trading Nolan for Ozolinsh, for a team that had very little punch from the back end, was just as big. If Roy gets taken out after the 4th goal that one night though, history could be different.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
It's not that hard to be thin in your 40's.

yah in theory. then work, family, life get to you. reason why western civilization has has a weight problem. I agree they should eat right and be active but not everyone stuffs their faces and watches telly. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad