Confirmed with Link: Eric Lindros Elected Into HHoF

TheTaekster

Feb 3, 2008
94.1 and 97.5
I truly believe no one will ever don that number again in the orange and black. If we'd landed Kane, I wonder what that conversation would have been like. Smh bettman

Edit: unless Burns wants to come here, in which case, he can just he the Big B. Patty Kane is a bad guy boyilltellya

Last edited:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
It's unofficially retired, listening to the SOP podcast, Tom Foti guesses it'll be done soon, Big E is in the HOF, nobody should ever don that number again.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Beast player.

Love that he is finally in. Such dominance!
Well deserved, too bad injuries and his family got the best of him during his later years in Flyers uniform!

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
According to LeBrun, Homer back in 2012 asked Lindros to come out of retirement, Lindros didn't know if he was serious lol

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
According to LeBrun, Homer back in 2012 asked Lindros to come out of retirement, Lindros didn't know if he was serious lol

Yeh, apparently after the Alumni game. (he had practiced with Flyers like twice that year too... I remember Hartnell saying it was unreal how good he still was and he thought he could still play at NHL level.)

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
http://www.tsn.ca/flyers-offered-lindros-a-comeback-in-2012-1.606040

“Yeah, I did place a call to Eric in 2012 to see whether he would consider coming back,” Flyers president Paul Holmgren said Thursday. “He looked that good at the outdoor alumni game. I thought he could help our team.”

Holmgren wasn’t exactly sure on the timing of the offer, but it was definitely after the Flyers-Rangers alumni game at Citizens Bank Park on December 31, 2011.

It didn’t seem like an outlandish idea. Part of Holmgren’s thinking came from watching Jaromir Jagr, who is one year older than Lindros, rack up 54 points that season on a line with Claude Giroux and Scott Hartnell after a three-year hiatus in Russia’s KHL.

“I told him ‘You wouldn’t have to be the guy here. We have Claude, he is our guy,’” Holmgren said. “I figured even if he was a power play guy, stood in front of the net, played 10 or 12 minutes a game, that he could still be a significant factor.”

Holmgren, then the Flyers’ GM, told Lindros he would have a month or two to get in shape. The plan was for Lindros to be in the Flyers’ lineup for the last chunk of the regular season, followed by the playoffs. The Flyers knocked off the Pittsburgh Penguins in an epic first-round series that spring.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It just goes to show you how completely brainless Paul Holmgren truly was. The successes the team had were very obviously in spite of him.

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
It's unofficially retired, listening to the SOP podcast, Tom Foti guesses it'll be done soon, Big E is in the HOF, nobody should ever don that number again.

Agreed, noone has the balls to wear 88 in Philly. Would be a middle finger to Lindros Flyers legacy.

Very pleased he finally made the HOF, incredibly deserving

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Agreed, noone has the balls to wear 88 in Philly. Would be a middle finger to Lindros Flyers legacy.

Very pleased he finally made the HOF, incredibly deserving

they'll probably do it next year since it'll be the 20th anniversary of being eastern conference champions

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
That is the one shot I have seen:

CxBLwe1WQAAZOYg.jpg:large

The jersey up close:

CxA-GHLXgAEvGfv.jpg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I just watched a video of the legion of doom torching Montreal 9-5 back in 1997. Lindros was unreal, and LeClair had four goals, which as I recall was not unusual for him against that team. :laugh:

Holy smokes that line was fun to watch. Glad Lindros made it to the hall. He was one of a kind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad