Confirmed with Link: Eric Lindros Elected Into HHoF

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Time to bring back the annual discussion...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-hall-of-fame-1.3654025

The weakest first-time-eligible group in decades has left the doors open to the Hockey Hall of Fame for several players who have been awaiting the call.

Eric Lindros has been waiting six years, Mark Recchi three, Dave Andreychuk eight and Sergei Makarov 16. This could finally be the year as the Hall of Fame selection committee determines the class of 2016 on Monday.

Goaltender Miikka Kiprusoff, defenceman Roman Hamrlik and forwards Milan Hejduk and Vinny Prospal headline the first-year eligible players.

Last edited:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
He should've been in already, but I fully expect it today. I'll be severely disappointed if they don't.

Hapiii

Jun 30, 2013
My all time favorite player finally got selected. So happy for him, he truly deserves it.:cry:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
No, I don't think that'll ever happen, the fact that he's in the Flyers HOF was pretty monumental. Flyers don't retire #'s easily. I think they only have like 7 retired.

edit: 5!!!

Correct in that it's extremely hard to have your number retired by the organization. But at the same time, off the top of my head every Flyer who spent the majority of their career here and is in the HHoF has had their number retired. As CF88 mentioned Howe broke the "You have to win a cup" rule. I think it's more of a if you're in the HHoF you get your number retired kinda thing.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Correct in that it's extremely hard to have your number retired by the organization. But at the same time, off the top of my head every Flyer who spent the majority of their career here and is in the HHoF has had their number retired. As CF88 mentioned Howe broke the "You have to win a cup" rule. I think it's more of a if you're in the HHoF you get your number retired kinda thing.

I hope you are right, but in their 50 year existence to only retire 5 numbers, sure seems like its a hard accomplishment.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Carchidi thinks Lindros should be in over Recchi.

I swear he just likes to try to piss people off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad