Confirmed with Link: Eric Gryba for pick 107(Christian Wolanin) and Travis Ewanyk

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Regarding Phillips, I hope the GM has a friendly chat with him and encourages him to retire as a Senator to become a PR/special assistant/scout/whatever person for the team. Same for Chris Neil. It is time for the team to move on, but respect must be shown to these players for their past contributions.

Except that Neil still thinks he can contribute & help a team. I think he will be dealt at the deadline or will be signed by someone next July 1.

I really like Borowiecki too. He is perfect on the 3rd D pairing. He is very good defensively, hits hard and knocks opposing forwards down when they take the puck wide, can fight too. Plus he has a head on his shoulders as he picks his spots well, similar to Neil. I do not think he takes too many bad penalties. The team needs a player like him.

I do think though that having a tough 4th line winger who can handle the heavy weights is a good thing as I think the team needs its 6 Dmen available to play and not serving penalty time for performing the policeman role when required. I think that the policeman does need some talent though besides playing the enforcer role.

While Chiasson & Robinson are not that tough or even very good fighters they are big enough to make players think twice & they are both pretty good skaters. In fact, Ottawa has a number of big players who can also play every shift but none are necessarily what I would consider tough players. Without Neil, Cowen & Boro are probably the toughest guys on the team with Smith as a decent middleweight & these are the guys some want to get rid of. A lot of people don't like tough players on the team, they want skill not toughness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad