Confirmed with Link: Eric Gryba for pick 107(Christian Wolanin) and Travis Ewanyk

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
cropped_anisimov.gif

I will miss these even if they didn't happen often

BigBush*

Damn, I liked Gryba.

But wait, does this mean we gonna sign Wideman!!!

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Gryba was the logical guy to trade. Just too many bodies.

Weircoch played his way above Gryba the last half of the season

sens2k9

Aug 8, 2008
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/travis_ewanyk/

"Future

Travis Ewanyk attended training camp with the Oilers before being assigned to AHL affiliate Oklahoma City at the start of the 2014-15 season. Now in his second pro season, he is once again playing primarily a lower line role with the Barons and does not hesitate to protect teammates or provide an emotional spark with a scrap if necessary. Long-term there is not much offensive potential to his game. With increased development Ewanyk could play an NHL depth role as an agitator who regularly draws the tough defensive assignments and limits the physical play against the more highly-skilled scoring forwards on his team"

Possible Chris Neil replacement?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This Ewanyk kid doesn't look like the kind of guy we ough to expect in the NHL anytime soon

EDIT: I guess he's a bruiser so maybe as a tough guy

BigBush*

GoogleD Ewanyk- oh sick, hes a recent 3rd rounder! Look athis stats, puke

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I honestly hope we now try to sign a top 4 dman in free agency. I am hesitant to again go with the kids. It hasn't worked for us in the past and it most likely will not work for us next season.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
players on the sens were tweeting about him after losses, saw this coming. plus, boro is beast

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
Ewanyk was probably acquired due to the number of contracts NHL teams can have - the Sens may have needed to take back some kind of contract in addition to the pick.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Ewanyk is AHL depth, nothing more. Essentially Gryba for 4th.

The real thing to be excited about here is that Wideman is probably part of the teams plans now with a D spot opened up.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/travis_ewanyk/

"Future

Travis Ewanyk attended training camp with the Oilers before being assigned to AHL affiliate Oklahoma City at the start of the 2014-15 season. Now in his second pro season, he is once again playing primarily a lower line role with the Barons and does not hesitate to protect teammates or provide an emotional spark with a scrap if necessary. Long-term there is not much offensive potential to his game. With increased development Ewanyk could play an NHL depth role as an agitator who regularly draws the tough defensive assignments and limits the physical play against the more highly-skilled scoring forwards on his team"

Possible Chris Neil replacement?

Seems like he has a bit of a defensive role too.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
So Peter Chiarelli trades for player (Eric Gryba) to EDM that Sens drafted w/the compensation pick from Boston when PC left to be B's GM

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Thank god the Gryba era of the Ottawa Senators is over. Now time to get rid of one more D and we're good to for next season.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Still want to send Cowen somewhere - maybe with Greening for a 2016 1st. Or as a bigger package for a guy we need.

Phillips needs to retire and we'll have the coin for Wideman and Condra, if BM wants them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad