Waived: Eric Comrie

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
What about Detroit claiming Czarnik? Was due off LTIR conditioning stint and Calgary didn't have room in their top 12 for him.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
What about Detroit claiming Czarnik? Was due off LTIR conditioning stint and Calgary didn't have room in their top 12 for him.

At this point claiming Czarnik or Noesen would just push possibly Zadina but more likely Ehn down to GR to make room for another bottom 6 winger. I'd rather they leave the flexibility to call up a Smith, Svechnikov or Rasmussen if they need some help on wing.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I wonder if the Jets put in a claim. Seemed like he was in their plans as goaltending depth for this and next season and they currently have only one other goalie under contract.

Otherwise you have:

-New Jersey: Seems like their done with Schneider, and his replacement Domingue is currently hurt and has a stellar .86 SV% in the NHL this year

-Toronto: Maybe take a shot on someone being better than Hutchinson?

Reactions: teddygmr

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
I wonder if the Jets put in a claim. Seemed like he was in their plans as goaltending depth for this and next season and they currently have only one other goalie under contract.

Otherwise you have:

-New Jersey: Seems like their done with Schneider, and his replacement Domingue is currently hurt and has a stellar .86 SV% in the NHL this year

-Toronto: Maybe take a shot on someone being better than Hutchinson?

New Jersey will claim him, I think. They have first dibs on the waiver wire over Toronto.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I truly don't care if he is claimed but I actually wouldn't have minded Jimmy staying in the AHL or in the press box. Be nice to just close the chapter. I guess if Yzerman wants to try a long shot of trading howard as a rental he needs to be active

Reactions: MBH

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Um, bold claim. Do you have any data to back that up?

I can never tell when you're serious or joking :laugh:

The numbers tell a whole story on their own (Winnipeg & Detroit), but he also shows signs of someone that's not comfortable in his own crease right now. I wouldn't mind keeping him in the AHL though. He's young enough to figure something out with time & reps.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015

I guess that means the Jets would have to waive him again, so if Yzerman really wants to keep him, he could claim him back and send him straight to GR.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
So if he's claimed, we essentially traded Vili Saarijarvi for a rental during a stretch of games where we won two times and are dead last. Was Saarijarvi that expendable? Was this essentially a contract dump?

Curious what the thoughts are of those who watch the Griffins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad