Waived: Eric Comrie

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
For every Fabbri type trade there will be 5-10 Comrie type deals that just don't work out. Not bad for trying, didn't give up a prosimiing player, likely would never hit the NHL. Got two games out of this guy... Idk, I just shrug my shoulders cause, literally I don't care about losing Saarijarvi. Not like he was playing a ton with the Griffins, or had a shot to push for a roster spot on the Wings, or helping develop and press younger prospects. He was just a dude in the locker room.

No harm no fault here.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
My only guess is they thought Comrie might have some untapped upside, and realized after his short stint that he's hopeless.

Bad asset management by Yzerman. But it just goes to show how terrible our goalie situation really is. Another reason to draft Yaroslav Askarov this upcoming draft.

Well, its always possible Yzerman just wanted to dump Saarijarvi's contract, and he realized that Saarivarvi had zero trade value outside of waiver fodder.

Last edited:

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
If Winnipeg was only claimant last time I believe if we claim him this time he can be sent to GR.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I kinda want Marcus Granlund. If not to just put pressure on Perlini and Nielsen. Not saying it'd even work out but he's on waivers, cheap, not really upsetting the apple cart.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I kinda want Marcus Granlund. If not to just put pressure on Perlini and Nielsen. Not saying it'd even work out but he's on waivers, cheap, not really upsetting the apple cart.

We do have room for waiver wire pick up now I believe ? By trading for Comrie and then allowing him to be picked up on waivers.. we have the room to add a contact that fits within the cap.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
^Probably just use that roster spot to claim Comrie. However given coaches remarks when losing Comrie it could be less of a sure thing for the wings to make a claim on the tender. Though that was before Bernier injury.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
This could be OT, but say we tried to sign a European goalie(or skater) like that time we signed Nabokov and he got claimed.... Since we're in last would they still have to pass through waivers? Or, could we entice someone else to sign and we could claim? Nobody in particular in mind, I'm just bored.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
This could be OT, but say we tried to sign a European goalie(or skater) like that time we signed Nabokov and he got claimed.... Since we're in last would they still have to pass through waivers? Or, could we entice someone else to sign and we could claim? Nobody in particular in mind, I'm just bored.
I believe they have to pass through waivers but the Wings will have first priority as long as they’re in last place.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
^So if any other team wanted to make such a signing, they could make a deal with us where they trade us something we value in return for claiming the player and then trading them to the signing team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad