Recalled/Assigned: Eriah Hayes 01/03/14

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
They did but that was so they could add Hamilton to the lineup.

They have 18 forwards on their roster right now (Hayes has not yet been added) with 2 on LTIR (Torres, Burish) and 2 on IR (Hertl, Havlat), so they still have 14 active forwards.

Ah, LTIR. Sorry, misread you, you're correct.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
IMO he's not really ready yet...although there really isn't anyone else that could be grabbed other than Viedensky. And to be honest, even though it looks like SJ needs a winger I'm a little surprised they didn't go with V.

I am too but I think the coaches are looking for someone a bit more physical then V.

CBJenga

May 30, 2008
This is essentially what happened to the 2008-09 team that got bounced in the first round with an exception or two.

There is one very key difference. This is happening at the 41 game mark, not the 82.

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
IMO he's not really ready yet...although there really isn't anyone else that could be grabbed other than Viedensky. And to be honest, even though it looks like SJ needs a winger I'm a little surprised they didn't go with V.

Has Viedensky improved this season? I remember you saying you still had hope for him and that he had improved towards the end of last season (I think). But I don't know how he's doing this season. Or is there a different V that I'm not thinking of? :)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I think Detroit is up there too with a large number of man-games lost. I have no idea where you could check though.

There is a website. (something like mangameslost.com)
Edit: http://www.mangameslost.com/category/nhl/

http://www.telegram.com/article/20140103/NEWS/301049928/1121/RSS01&source=rss

Hayes got the call and not Daniil Tarasov because Tarasov is injured again, although this time it's not his groin. Tarasov took a slap shot off the foot in Glens Falls on New Year's Eve and is still hobbled.

With Hayes up, Tarasov hurt and Lane Scheidl still not cleared to play after knee surgery, the [Worcester] Sharks had one healthy scratch. That was Jimmy Bonneau, whose offensive totals of 1-2-3 were not out of line with some other Sharks forwards.

Acolaste played as a forward tonight (over Bonneau).

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
There is one very key difference. This is happening at the 41 game mark, not the 82.

The injuries that plagued the Sharks that season started much earlier than game 82. It was going on pretty heavy in February that year.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
In my limited knowledge, I was rather excited when the Sharks signed Hayes. I did what little research I could and after seeing him at camp, I was looking forward to seeing him play. I hope he makes it to the game.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Tarasov would get eaten alive in the NHL...it's already happening in the AHL. Hayes at least can play a bit at both ends.

Especially with the current state of the Sharks bottom 6.

If that Telegam article is accurate and Tarasov would have gotten the call if healthy it would have been a poor move by SJ in my opinion as even at the AHL level he is 'scoring line or bust' right now and there's no way the SJ coaches would add him to either of the top two lines.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Has Viedensky improved this season? I remember you saying you still had hope for him and that he had improved towards the end of last season (I think). But I don't know how he's doing this season. Or is there a different V that I'm not thinking of? :)

Viednesky's biggest issue is that he just can't stay healthy.

He's a good defensive forward with some offensive pop (in the AHL) and has been playing well as of late which is why those who watch Worcester would have thought he might get the call up but Hayes is a good choice considering what the SJ Sharks might need in the next game or two.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Especially with the current state of the Sharks bottom 6.

If that Telegam article is accurate and Tarasov would have gotten the call if healthy it would have been a poor move by SJ in my opinion as even at the AHL level he is 'scoring line or bust' right now and there's no way the SJ coaches would add him to either of the top two lines.

I think Ballou was told that Tarasov would have gotten the call, but I suspect that was a convenient story to tell him. Right now Tarasov's limitations are starting to be exploited by other AHL teams. Until he finds a way to overcome that he's not going anywhere.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Confirmation from the org on Hayes recall and Wingels to IR.

San Jose Sharks @SanJoseSharks
#SJSharks recall forward Eriah Hayes from the @WorcesterSharks of the AHL. @TommyWingels has been placed on the inured reserve.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Thanks!

Sharks are at #17, with Anaheim at #2. So the Sharks have no excuses at all. Pittsburgh is at #1 as has lost more then double the amount of man-games as the Sharks.

Come on Vaasa. I know you know better than to use a stat like that. If JT is out for 41 one of those games compared to some schlep on Pit the comparison is ridiculous. Not saying the Sharks are the worst off, but clearly this is one of the worst years we've had when it comes to injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad