Recalled/Assigned: Eriah Hayes 01/03/14

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Is this due to Kennedy and Brown being out?
Updated Injury list: Hertl, Havlat, Torres, Wingels, Kennedy (flu), Brown

/sad trombone noises

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
So with McCarthy, Kearns, Hamilton, and now Hayes, that is 4 AHL quality players. Five if you wanna count Nieto too.

I think we should feel good that we actually have some people worth calling up this year. I mean we aren't so doom and gloom this year, we're more like "this sucks" right now.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So with McCarthy, Kearns, Hamilton, and now Hayes, that is 4 AHL quality players. Five if you wanna count Nieto too.

I think we should feel good that we actually have some people worth calling up this year. I mean we aren't so doom and gloom this year, we're more like "this sucks" right now.

This is essentially what happened to the 2008-09 team that got bounced in the first round with an exception or two.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
This is essentially what happened to the 2008-09 team that got bounced in the first round with an exception or two.

Except the first people we called up were that quality. In our case we already went through Burish, Brown, Nieto, Hamilton, McCarthy, Kearns, Kennedy, etc...

We have as much depth as any team can hope to have really, we are just SO injured we've gone through even that. But realistically the team isn't going to ever have much more depth than we have now.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
If he actually gets into the game tomorrow (or Sunday) I'm actually kind of excited to see what he can do. I like his style of play and I think he could bring some good energy and physical play.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
With all due respect to Mr. Hayes, this is the first time in many, many years I have never heard of someone the Sharks called up.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
If he actually gets into the game tomorrow (or Sunday) I'm actually kind of excited to see what he can do. I like his style of play and I think he could bring some good energy and physical play.

Well with them leaving Kennedy's sick ass at home..good chance for him on Sunday to get out there and bang some bodies.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Well with them leaving Kennedy's sick ass at home..good chance for him on Sunday to get out there and bang some bodies.

Ya, just saw that they wouldn't let Kennedy near the rest of the players, smart move.

I'm guessing he was called up just in case Brown can't go but I think Hayes has the potential to make an impact on the game.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Ya, just saw that they wouldn't let Kennedy near the rest of the players, smart move.

I'm guessing he was called up just in case Brown can't go but I think Hayes has the potential to make an impact on the game.

Me too. Hopefully Irwin doesn't hurt him. Haha

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
WRT roster move, it may be he's recalled on an emergency basis, which might allow them to call him up without having to move anyone to the IR. Still waiting on official announcement.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
WRT roster move, it may be he's recalled on an emergency basis, which might allow them to call him up without having to move anyone to the IR. Still waiting on official announcement.

Wingels was put on IR today to open a roster spot.

However, I believe Hayes callup will mean they'll have to put Hertl on LTIR to get some cap relief as well.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
This has to be one of the most absurd seasons in terms of injuries for the sharks in a long time.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Wingels was put on IR today to open a roster spot.

However, I believe Hayes callup will mean they'll have to put Hertl on LTIR to get some cap relief as well.

I'm pretty sure they put Hertl on IR a couple days ago.

As I've said I've liked what little I've seen of Hayes. He's big, he hits and he drives the net. Dunno how he's looked in Worcester but it'll be nice to see another new face, even if the reason he's up here is because half the team is laid up.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'm pretty sure they put Hertl on IR a couple days ago.

They did but that was so they could add Hamilton to the lineup.

They have 18 forwards on their roster right now (Hayes has not yet been added) with 2 on LTIR (Torres, Burish) and 2 on IR (Hertl, Havlat), so they still have 14 active forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad