GDT: EQF Game 1: CBJ @ TBL - 11 Aug, 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClevelandUke

Aug 4, 2020
Yep, from a psychological standpoint, Jackets probably couldn't ask for a better opponent. Jackets got the 'never won a playoff series' monkey off their back last year and are coming off an impressive series win against the Leafs while Tampa has had to stew about the sweep all this time. If the games and series stay close, some doubt will likely start to creep into Tampa's minds. Pressure's on the Lightning, Jackets need to get off to a good start.

if the Jackets can go up to a 2-0 series lead, which is possible without Stamkos, Hedman, Rutta and no home ice for TB, i can very easily see them (TB) quitting and giving up mentally.

Reactions: Fro

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I like the Jackets in game one. They're coming off a five-game roller-coaster. The Lightning have only played these round-robin games with a lot less pressure, and have some injury woes. I don't know if they're at playoff level yet.

Beyond that, I really don't know.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I like the Jackets in game one. They're coming off a five-game roller-coaster. The Lightning have only played these round-robin games with a lot less pressure, and have some injury woes. I don't know if they're at playoff level yet.

Beyond that, I really don't know.
We smother their offense, score a couple ugly goals and that’s all she wrote

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Excited to watch this rematch as someone who lives in Cbus and used to live in Tampa.

It’s wild just how good (on paper) this Tampa team is even missing Hedman and Stamkos.

Last year showed on paper doesn’t mean too much, though.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I don't think there is a single person who played or coached for the Jackets last year who doesn't think they are mentally stronger than Tampa. They proved it last year and winning how they did against Toronto could only enhance that.

The question is, does Tampa think Columbus is mentally stronger? If they fall behind, will they grip the stick too tight? Pucker factor 10? How will they react if they get punched in the mouth?

Get up early, Jenner line to open things up and bring it the first 5 minutes.

Reactions: CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
upload_2020-8-11_14-59-40.gif

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
So far so good. Have been able to pull Fox Sports TB station as Rick Peckham and Brian Engblom are one of my favorite pairs.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad