GWT: EPL - Matchweek 8

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Hopefully the points difference in the league doesn't come down to that snorefest.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Please, tell us more.
What more would you like me to say? There’s nothing wrong with it and it’s okay to admit. Tottenham the luckiest team in the league and have played the easiest schedule. Arsenal scored (another) flukey winner today. Both teams have been very lucky; but sometimes you need luck. Any lies?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Snorefest is literally how your team won trophies.
This game had 3 shots on target, even the most defensive Chelsea teams usually had more chances than that, though not always. For example the 2021 CL final also had 3 shots on target and people complained that it was boring as well.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
This game had 3 shots on target, even the most defensive Chelsea teams usually had more chances than that, though not always. For example the 2021 CL final also had 3 shots on target and people complained that it was boring as well.
I'm sure you didn't care about the complaints when you saw your team hoist the trophy right?

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Glad to steal a win with a lucky goal. Both teams looked like they preferred to give up the ball and press the other team rather than actually do anything even borderline risky in possession.

For as much as some people think Gabriel Jesus is a diver (he does sometimes just like every player), the near-side linesman let him get absolutely abused today by not calling obvious fouls.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Glad to steal a win with a lucky goal. Both teams looked like they preferred to give up the ball and press the other team rather than actually do anything even borderline risky in possession.

For as much as some people think Gabriel Jesus is a diver (he does sometimes just like every player), the near-side linesman let him get absolutely abused today by not calling obvious fouls.
A realistic take! Kudos - you have earned a like

Chelsea are closer to 4th than to 18th which is the first I've been able to say that in awhile
God damn that’s a low bar

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Are there two more boring teams than Arsenal and Man City?
City, yes. City without KDB, absolutely yes. They have nobody, NOBODY on that roster that can create anything.... it's staggering to see that nobody can step up and at least have moderate success.

Foden had little time in the middle -this season- and was decent , but too little time to see anything.
Silva was there yesterday and he did nothing and a lot of it.

Arsenal only played that way because City is City, give them enough walk ins and they'll get one. So play careful.

Arsenal usually attacks direct and aggressive.
City never will do that unless they are losing or frustrated, and they rarely do a good job (lately) without gun, kdb, and etc etc
City just possession and sleep the viewer and other team into not caring anymore....

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Will be curious to see what happens with Disasi after the break

He’s had a better stretch here but you also still never know. Genuinely few good games . Still some nervy moments.

I remember Chalobah being good against bottom half teams but you would always be worried against the top half.

Badiashile should be fit soon, and he should walk straight into the team. But I wonder if Thiago gets pulled. Probably not straight away due to seniority so have to imagine it’s Disasi who makes way.

Well, we now know what will happen with Disasi. He will be dropped and will miss some time, because he is injured.

He has withdrawn from the French squad too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad