GWT: EPL - Matchweek 8

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal have been playing poorly (and are fortunate) but there at least seemed to be some flashes of actually trying (but executing poorly). City have been playing like a team just running out the clock for 86 minutes.
Poorly? I think that's harsh. Gabriel and Saliba had probably the best #9 before or after Mbappe/Osimhen - depending on how you rank them - in their back pocket today. Alvarez was also made nonexistent by them as well. Offensively speaking it was a no-show due to injuries, but defensively Arsenal was brilliant except for Raya's passing in the first half and the first 10 to 15 minutes or so where we were outdone by Citeh's press.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
From the 25 minutes I saw it looked very much like both managers neutered their own team.

They were both obsessed with not losing the managerial matchup so instructed their teams to not give up anything or be exposed in any way if they could.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I know a lot of neutrals were calling that a boring game but I found it tense af, not disappointed at all

Reactions: bluesfan94

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
The stats for man city are brutal.
I get they are a championship squad but, it's akin to the 90s new jersey devils.
So forgettable.
Anti-football.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
He did get better when the game went along, but at times it seems like he wants to show Arteta what he can do and makes a complete mess of it.
The 2nd half was okay but, my god his 1st half ball handling was a disaster just waiting to happen,

Reactions: S E P H

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
F771uPiXcAAvHcv

• Haha
Reactions: KJS14 and S E P H

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Remind me how many Champions League trophies that Odegaard has? Remind me how many Champions League trophies that Arsenal as a whole have. Let’s not compare CVs.

Reminds me of the LFC/City game when Mahrez missed the PK at the death. Pep is probably more than fine with this. Arsenal need a win in this game way more than City do
Goalposts shifted I see

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Peter Banks might be the consistently worse ref in the league.

Newcastle let that one slip in the final 20 imo when they decided to try to sit back and lose the momentum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad