GWT: EPL - Matchweek 8 (Technically)

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
So Evans and Faes are probably the worse pairing in the league right outside of relegation teams? Or do they not have cover?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So is the media going to call out the fans of other teams for not respecting the queen tributes this Matchweek, or are they waiting until LFC plays again for that. Because narrative

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
So Evans and Faes are probably the worse pairing in the league right outside of relegation teams? Or do they not have cover?

Souncy is in the Rogers doghouse apparently. Can't see Rogers lasting there for any longer.

Vestergaard wasn't allowed to play in this match.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So is the media going to call out the fans of other teams for not respecting the queen tributes this Matchweek, or are they waiting until LFC plays again for that. Because narrative
I mean they should wear it as a badge of honour… I don’t even get why lfc has this mark tho?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean they should wear it as a badge of honour… I don’t even get why lfc has this mark tho?
The rest of the country hates Liverpool. It’s the most anti-Tory city in England and they legitimately hate the government. A lot of (relatively modern) goes back to Thatcher. Scouse not English is a de facto motto over there. The allowed Hillsborough coverup has not helped things either. There’s more than I care to write on here but if you are interested in an intro/Reader’s Digest version this hits on some points.

When games were cancelled many in the media cited the Liverpool fans being disruptive as a reason they didn’t want to play the fixtures; this post from Matchweek 7 thread was absolutely referring to the LFC fans.

It's rumoured people at the FA/EPL were concerned that 'some fanbases' would be disrespectful which is why they postponed the games.

It's made all the more frustrating by other sports going ahead without any issue and by the way West Ham & Man Utd fans handled the games on Thursday night so well.

From a Forest perspective gives time for Niakhate and Mangala to recover from injury, hopefully we can find some consistency and not be yoyoing between performances like the one against Spurs, to the one against Bournemouth. Also means no 4 day turnaround between games while Fulham would have had a 6 day break.
And again LFC played Tuesday and aside from the minority, this was a non issue, as reported by The Times. But again LFC boo the anthem because the hate the government so they always have a microscope on them because of that and the Hillsborough stigma that is allowed to be perpetuated.

Reactions: luiginb

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Leicester sucks, but Spurs are for real. Liverpool will have a hard time getting second this season.
They haven't looked that great really. Attack and defense have both looked sloppy. Conte has made some questionable decisions regarding his lineups and substitutions too. They looked better during the tail-end of last season.

They do look massively improved at set-pieces at least. Gianni Vio, signing of the summer.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
saliba! i was sure that was in and spent a few seconds feeling gaslighted

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Going from maybe the worst team on set pieces to the best team in the last couple of seasons.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
The 15 year old is apparently very talented and they're trying to prevent Liverpool from poaching him.

He is but it’s still shows the lack of depth. He shouldn’t even be close to the first team even if you have the half squad out. We desperately need players in january.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
He is but it’s still shows the lack of depth. He shouldn’t even be close to the first team even if you have the half squad out. We desperately need players in january.
Apparently he's very close to the first team. But I agree there needs to be more depth. Especially someone to challenge Partey's position.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Leicester sucks, but Spurs are for real. Liverpool will have a hard time getting second this season.
they've a deeper squad now but I'm not sold on them. Leicester should've went ahead yesterday if not for Lloris. Then they handed the game away like candy.

top4 for sure, but don't buy them as a even light challenger of City

Fabioo what a strike

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Apparently he's very close to the first team. But I agree there needs to be more depth. Especially someone to challenge Partey's position.

Maybe he should be involved in the Carabao Cup. Very rare to see 15 year olds in the Prem. Totally agree with you on Partey. We don’t know what will happen with him yet either.

Vieira take a bow son! What a debut from start.

Reactions: Rob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad