GWT: EPL Matchweek 7 - Postponed

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yet the European matches continued.

The Express is just parroting reporting from the Daily Mail which specifically says that each sporting body can make their own decision.
Only one match on British soil and it was too late to post-pone as visiting fans had made the trip.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It means domestic, not "international".
Where I come from, all means all. And that also isn't true because an international cricket match is off tomorrow. By the way, West Ham's match was in England and continued as scheduled.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Me world problems... :shakehead

Is this really the time/issue to argue about semantics? For f***s sake.
It's not semantics, it's that the tweet is blatantly wrong and making conclusions off of that or the Daily Mail speculating is silly.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Point is that "all sporting events have been cancelled" clearly didn't mean all sporting events have been cancelled.

Yes, but it'll just be a live look at Buckingham

As long as it shows King Charles sitting on the iron throne inside I'll allow it.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't surprise me if the PL is postponed for a week, but I think it makes sense to wait for it to be announced rather than presume

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'd think World Cup and Euro competitions complicate things, but would still expect games are postponed.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't surprise me if the PL is postponed for a week, but I think it makes sense to wait for it to be announced rather than presume

Exactly this. There's going to be a massive state funeral, probably next weekend so I would definitely expect those games to be postponed. And there's the rail strike as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad