GWT: EPL - Matchweek 6

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
IIRC, Saka's shot was going wide and no Arsenal player could have reached it. So definitely a blunder. Besides if you go for the ball you put it wide.
As for the second one he needs to have his arm near his body like every defensemen do these days with the stupid handball rules.
Screenshot_20230924-133504.png

He's got nketiah and I can't tell who but another player right there. Hard to tell but I think from Romero's POV they are threats to get to the ball. Either way yeah you'd want him to put it out of play. Unlucky.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Can anyone tell me how bad Chelsea were today? Didn't see the game
Similar story to most of their games this season. Controlled possession, even after down to 10 men though less than before, got the ball into dangerous positions often enough but did nothing with it. Too many of their "top" players not contributing enough.

Reactions: HeHateMeFrisbee

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Can anyone tell me how bad Chelsea were today? Didn't see the game
hard to say because they got a red card relatively early in the 2nd half. From a Villa pov, Sanchez was the best chelsea player -- made 3 or 4 really good saves. They got caught offsides 10 times which can say something. Emi Martinez made a few good saves.

Colwill shouldn't play LB, Douglas Luiz/Kamara schooled Caicedo/Fernandez/Gallagher in the midfield, Jackson got another dumb yellow, so he is already getting a one match suspension.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Absolutely shambolic performance. Arsenal lost that more than Spurs won that.

Also if I saw Son in real life, I just want to slap him so hard. Second biggest wanker in the league before or after Bruno.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Also some other thoughts...

- Odegaard and Nketiah had shocking performances.

- Bringing on Havertz to "change" something up was even more hilarious.

- No rhythm or creativity in the team, everyone played in second gear it felt like while also giving Spurs so much effin' room.

- White might need to be replaced, they specifically targeted his side the entire game and it showed why. He just can't defend 1v1.

- Saliba has to work on his passing, he's a nightmare when the ball is at his feet.

- Arteta is doing his best Pep impression by constantly overthinking it.

- There are no true finishers on the team, that's pretty much the biggest weakness. Nketiah has done a lot of good, but we already know he has consistency problems. Him disappearing today was not a fluke.

- Rough day for D2M, I would be surprised if he showed himself in this thread after his golden boy pretty much lost them the game before Jorginho decided to go all Chelsea FC on us.

It honestly felt that we had it so easy against PSV, a lot of the players thought it was going to be a cake walk. Disgusting result, it should've been a 4-1 final.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Arsenal couldn’t get a win over a team that has one WC player… shocking given they have 12 on the field at all times.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Arsenal couldn’t get a win over a team that has one WC player… shocking given they have 12 on the field at all times.
Very poor troll attempt. I give it -1/10

Game really changed when Rice had to come off. Not sure why it's being ignored and everyone is acting as if Spurs is level with Arsenal talent wise when Arsenal was missing some key players. They really took over the physical battle in the 2nd half.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Very poor troll attempt. I give it -1/10

Game really changed when Rice had to come off. Not sure why it's being ignored and everyone is acting as if Spurs is level with Arsenal talent wise when Arsenal was missing some key players. They really took over the physical battle in the 2nd half.
Look at your brethren’s posts

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Look at your brethren’s posts
So you don't think your boy had a howler today? Based on some posts here, he was the reason why the Spurs drew since they should've won by all accounts.
What did he do now besides pump two goals past you?
I hate him so much because he whines to the ref, dives, and then plays the victim card when he gets booked either for a yellow or red (drives me crazy). He's also underrated dirty as the red he got for kicking with studs up like Kane before him, I hate both of them. Great player, but a big-time wanker and those are the reasons why.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That’s not what you said. Mind you the ball hit him and went in is hardly a howler as it could’ve gone anywhere and hence a fluke goal. But the usually suspects had a field day as he’s in their heads for various reasons.

The penalty was likely going in regardless and again the ball hit him. As he’s going for a tackle. Take your point and move on. Wanting to dunk on a neutral is simply incredible

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fresh

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That’s not what you said. Mind you the ball hit him and went in is hardly a howler as it could’ve gone anywhere and hence a fluke goal. But the usually suspects had a field day as he’s in their heads for various reasons.

The penalty was likely going in regardless and again the ball hit him. As he’s going for a tackle. Take your point and move on. Wanting to dunk on a neutral is simply incredible
I think it's a fair point though. Everyone is saying that Spurs outplayed Arsenal and if that's the case, then Romero dropped them points based on his mistakes. Personally speaking, at the Emirates, I consider that more than a loss than however good Spurs played. Romero has always been a brash player, at Spurs or Copa and why he tends to get into problems. Either problems in terms of mistakes like the ones today or causing scrums with other players. Whatever the case is, I don't think we'll change our opinions if you think he was unlucky today, so let bygones be bygones. Cheers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad