GWT: EPL - Matchweek 4

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Last year I thought the 3 worst goalies ended up going down.

Going to be hard for Luton to pick up points if Kaminski is letting goals like that. It's just not good enough at this level.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Probably should be a penalty, but no one knows with handballs anymore. You could argue it's in a natural position given he was beginning to jump, but I'd certainly be pissed if it wasn't given the other way.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
EPL seems to have taken an *extremely* broad interpretation of "natural position" this year.

In other leagues or in continental games, it's almost for sure a pen. United had a claim against Spurs that was the same way. In other leagues or continental it was a stonewall pen, but the EPL says no.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I know West Ham are top of the table but they don't look that good tbh. Even Luton were able to get up and down the pitch a fair bit and get a lot of balls in. West Ham put a tonne of bodies in the box so that helps them but they'll have games where they'll get smashed by top teams when the defending doesn't work.

I'd predict 12-15ish for them but the good start and largely lucking out on 6 points after getting badly outplayed by Brighton/Chelsea might help outperform that.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I know West Ham are top of the table but they don't look that good tbh. Even Luton were able to get up and down the pitch a fair bit and get a lot of balls in. West Ham put a tonne of bodies in the box so that helps them but they'll have games where they'll get smashed by top teams when the defending doesn't work.

I'd predict 12-15ish for them but the good start and largely lucking out on 6 points after getting badly outplayed by Brighton/Chelsea might help outperform that.

I think this hot start will be the only thing keeping them out of the relegation race. They’ll likely be (again) barely pacing above relegation from here on.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I'm hardly bullish on West Ham this season, but the dramatics are a bit over the top. Barely pacing above relegation would be a major nosedive and the relegation sides this season are so much worse than last - West Ham is comfortably a level or two above like 5-7 sides this year. And it could be argued the level of finishing last season was a blip with the way they've managed so far.

I suspect it's mostly just the way they play that propels the negativity. And believe me, I get that more than most. Still, that Brighton match was a prototypical counter-attack game. For all their shots, Brighton were hardly perpetually dangerous outside of spurts and the West Ham finishing was deadly.

If they keep taking their chances, they'll be fine. The wild card is what happens with Paqueta's investigation, but I guess nothing happens on that front until January.

That's why he shushed them after the goal.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
F5BbgkmX0AAJiDM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad