GWT: EPL - Matchweek 4

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The official is doing such a terrible job controlling the game. Letting himself get abused over and over by players and doing an awful job keeping calls consistent.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I was hopeful today after City went down 2-0, Arsenal went down 1-0 and Chelsea had a player sent off. Ah well.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
1661624814847.png

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
games like these show that Arsenal should've gone all in for Paqueta. Team looking great, but still need another difference maker offensively. I'd like Arteta to take one of his DM out for Viera in these situations as well.

anyway, huge win and Mitrovic scares the hell out of me in the WC

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Saka is in bad form though. It’s concerning. Would consider dropping him right now.

However, this Saliba guy is already one of my favorite players. Monster performance yet again.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I was hopeful today after City went down 2-0, Arsenal went down 1-0 and Chelsea had a player sent off. Ah well.
City should have gone done 3-0. No idea why that goal was disallowed. Kind of ridiculous. Another sliding doors moment.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Saka is in bad form though. It’s concerning. Would consider dropping him right now.

However, this Saliba guy is already one of my favorite players. Monster performance yet again.
He needs to pull his socks up. Hopefully bring in Neto, or even kept Pepe, who would've been better than what we've seen thus far from Saka.

games like these show that Arsenal should've gone all in for Paqueta. Team looking great, but still need another difference maker offensively. I'd like Arteta to take one of his DM out for Viera in these situations as well.

anyway, huge win and Mitrovic scares the hell out of me in the WC
Mitrovic was bullying Gabriel and Saliba.

Reactions: John Pedro

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Have to say Nketiah (except for the final 3rd) looked great and changed momentum which was shifting in Fulham's favour. some very sublime touches.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He needs to pull his socks up. Hopefully bring in Neto, or even kept Pepe, who would've been better than what we've seen thus far from Saka.

Mitrovic was bullying Gabriel and Saliba.
I’m worried about Saka playing every game for many reasons. The problem is not just that he needs competition to perform. I fear that he is a bit fatigued and overworked after starting basically every game from 18-20. Don’t want him to end up like Dele Alli at 25. If we don’t buy Neto (or rotate appropriately) Saka get burnt out.

Reactions: booyakasha

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
think that Villa/West Ham is a loser is sacked within a few weeks match.
Villa have Arsenal and Man City next. 3 points from 6 games would be unacceptable
West Ham have got Spurs and Chelsea. zero PL goals and points would also be unacceptable i figure

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Just seen the Haaland hat-trick. Beastly.

Also, Martinez is rapidly becoming my favourite United player in a long time. Aggressive, strong in the tackle. Knows when to boot it out, but can also hold onto the ball and play a forward pass through the lines, or ping a crossfield pass to a winger.

think that Villa/West Ham is a loser is sacked within a few weeks match.
Villa have Arsenal and Man City next. 3 points from 6 games would be unacceptable
West Ham have got Spurs and Chelsea. zero PL goals and points would also be unacceptable i figure

I think Moyes has a *lot* more goodwill banked than Gerrard though.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Just seen the Haaland hat-trick. Beastly.

Also, Martinez is rapidly becoming my favourite United player in a long time. Aggressive, strong in the tackle. Knows when to boot it out, but can also hold onto the ball and play a forward pass through the lines, or ping a crossfield pass to a winger.
He's got the exact mentality you want out of your CB's as well. He kind of reminds me of Vidic a little in the way he's all out all the time. He's been awesome.

Reactions: Gecklund

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
I think Moyes has a *lot* more goodwill banked than Gerrard though.
Completely agree, I think there is a large enough minority of Villa fans that want him out where it can turn at any point. But looking through West Ham forums, seems like there might be a little discontent. Also, if you have zero points from the first six fixtures, that is troublesome

Krautso

Nov 30, 2007
These points are crucial for Arsenal. Games are going to get harder but they’ll be riding a high of results and good form which will hopefully see them still near the top through October. Liverpool needed that cathartic thrashing of the cherries. I expect them to go on a run.

Reactions: southsideIrish

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
These points are crucial for Arsenal. Games are going to get harder but they’ll be riding a high of results and good form which will hopefully see them still near the top through October. Liverpool needed that cathartic thrashing of the cherries. I expect them to go on a run.

No question. Even though it was Fulham that was a huge win and the kind of match they'd have given up on in past years. They definitely look different this season.

Reactions: maclean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad