GWT: EPL - Matchweek 3

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’ll still be shocked if Liverpool are not in the top four by season’s end.
They need to stop the bleeding. Luckily they have the worst team in the league at Anfield on Saturday, but even that may be papering over the cracks. The league is A LOT better this year.

Reactions: Rob

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Thought this was interesting.

Someone needs to check the tolerance levels of the refs controlling var….

Had a look at that thread, one thing they will bring in the World Cup is quicker and accurate calls. Ducking brilliant no one thought of this before?

Reactions: Savant

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They need to stop the bleeding. Luckily they have the worst team in the league at Anfield on Saturday, but even that may be papering over the cracks. The league is A LOT better this year.
Not for arsenal who I assume will go 82-0

I’ll still be shocked if Liverpool are not in the top four by season’s end.
Not only that they’ll give city a run for their money… at least I hope. Would be a stupid boring season otherwise. 6/7?

Reactions: Gecklund

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Thought this was interesting.

He slightly misstated when one green line is shown. It’s not strictly when the player is onside due to tolerance, but any time the lines are within the tolerance. So on goals 2 seasons ago where the player was determined onside by a millimeter the system will also show only 1 line.

Granted in this case Rashford looks far closer to being clearly offside than clearly onside, so the point of “only onside due to the rule change” is likely correct, however one of the points of the implementation was that both slightly on and slightly off are considered the same so you don’t truly know “he was offside, but not by enough to call” as opposed to just a generic “it’s too close to definitely say given frame rates and pixelation, therefore attacker gets benefit of the doubt”

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He slightly misstated when one green line is shown. It’s not strictly when the player is onside due to tolerance, but any time the lines are within the tolerance. So on goals 2 seasons ago where the player was determined onside by a millimeter the system will also show only 1 line.

Granted in this case Rashford looks far closer to being clearly offside than clearly onside, so the point of “only onside due to the rule change” is likely correct, however one of the points of the implementation was that both slightly on and slightly off are considered the same so you don’t truly know “he was offside, but not by enough to call” as opposed to just a generic “it’s too close to definitely say given frame rates and pixelation, therefore attacker gets benefit of the doubt”
Is this the “Wenger offsides/onside” ?

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
liverpool are in trouble there squad are aging and if they dont get some midfielders in they very well could be fighting for 4th to 6th more then with city for titles in the years to come

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't think City are going to be as good this year either. Also every team with tons of players playing in the World Cup is going to take some damage. Someone is gonna come back from the WC and have a couple key players hurt. Point being it's still too early to know anything.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't think City are going to be as good this year either. Also every team with tons of players playing in the World Cup is going to take some damage. Someone is gonna come back from the WC and have a couple key players hurt. Point being it's still too early to know anything.
The north London teams are better, but they aren’t 15-20 points better. That’s what the need to catch City.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yea it definitely happened. A lot of us saw it, and anyway how did anyone demonstrate a lack of class. As soon as the match was over any events on the pitch we all just moved on from it. We lost and tbh I thought we should have equalized but that's not what happened. I also don't buy the offside explanation but anyway they won we didn't the end.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Crazy Premier League this week ...
Some wild matches and some unexpected strong performances by clubs not expected to do so.

On to the second leg of the CL qualifiers tomorrow.
Can't wait.
Good year for football.

Reactions: maclean

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Really Really impressed by the Ten Hag interview with Neville and Co. such a likeable character.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad