GWT: EPL - Matchweek 3

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
If I were united I would be happy. Their Owner are a disgrace but at least they invest in the team.

Where did I say that? Stop spreading bullshit.
I said "Glazer have invested in the team" never brought FSG in
It's obvious what you are insinuating. Saying that United supporters should be happy with the Glazers is one of the most tone deaf things I've ever heard.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
MOTM for was Martinez though. What a statement game from him perfomance wise and setting the tone for the entire squad.

But he isn't saying that?

Obviously I'm exaggerating. But when has he ever criticize his faves? Besides when they move to Russia or MLS.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Clear for United that Varane and Martinez are the CB pair they need to nurture. I wish Maguire would continue to log big minutes, but he simply cannot come back into the fold at this point.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I never judged him. I was agreeing with you in the sense that it's only 3 games. But you're arguing, "he's best CB bruh you're all wrong for judging him for 3 games!"

I'm saying let's see how he does in a full season before saying his height is an issue or not.
Well if you actually read what I've been saying even after his "bad" game was not to judge him so early given that most here never heard of him nor seen him play. I never claimed he's the best bruh you just cant read.

Hence why i said quote me in May and you started again with nonsense. I and those who've watched him claim it won't be an issue based on how hes played in his career. Those who said it would be an issue claimed this before he set foot on the pitch. Like I said talk to me in May (me waiting a full season)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Obviously I'm exaggerating. But when has he ever criticize his faves? Besides when they move to Russia or MLS.

Like Lautaro lack of clinical finishing or his build up play?

Clear for United that Varane and Martinez are the CB pair they need to nurture. I wish Maguire would continue to log big minutes, but he simply cannot come back into the fold at this point.
If Varane stays healthy I dont think Maguire would see much action.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I would take a cheap reclamation project like Aouar at this point. At least have fresher legs in midfield.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah I think Maguire and Shaw just got sent to the bench for awhile after that game. Should be Lindelof over Maguire for 3rd in line as it is.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
That result will surely lead to a signing. In some ways that’s a minor victory.
Surely with an outgoing, right? Just looking at your squad list and you have over 25 in your squad.

Most of them looking like players who wouldn't be happy being 3rd choice.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yeah I think Maguire and Shaw just got sent to the bench for awhile after that game. Should be Lindelof over Maguire for 3rd in line as it is.

I don't really think Shaw has been that bad, but it was pretty clear that Malacia has potential to be really good and he seems ready to step up.

I'd also much rather deal with some growing pains with a 23 year old Malacia than Luke Shaw who we pretty much know what his ceiling is at 27. He's not at all bad, but he's not good enough to really be a contributor when/if United get back to being good. Malacia might be that good.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Milner just ain't it anymore at his age, and let's be frank, we're a long way removed from 19-20 Jordan Henderson.

We need to get younger in midfield. The team has looked good with Carvalho out there and he was a major catalyst in beating City in the Shield.

Kloppo always has a hair up his ass about guys having to wait before they get playing time but we don't have time for that at this point.

The injuries aren't helping. This team low-key sucked last year when Jota went cold and they suck now with him out. He's a huge factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00