GWT: EPL - Matchweek 27

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Wow Norwood off within 16 minutes....That's going to be a tough conversation in the locker room.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I hope Sheffield at least have the good sense of opening up and trying to get some goals instead of just bottling and keeping the score down.

Wonder how many players Arsenal pulls at half.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
In 2020-21, Sheffield United tied the dire Derby County's record for fewest goals scored in a season.

Now, three years on, they are on pace to smash that same Derby side's record for goals conceded. On track for 97 GA.

Oh they literally conceded again as I typed. They're now on track for 99 GA.

• Wow
Reactions: tlk and robertmac43

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Some of the clubs in the EPL are really bad.
Yeah there was not chance I was going to be watching that game

Arsenal are in the easy part of their schedule, and deserve credit for taking care of business and getting that goal difference up. The rest of their run in is not that easy though. They haven't played a good team since New Years besides Liverpool, and they played Liverpool at the best possible time , so they got a bit lucky there. Their run in starts after the international break.

Last edited:
Reactions: tlk

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Lol, that was some shirt pulling on Martinelli, it wasn't anywhere close subtle. At least Arsenal scored when the ref let the play go on because Arsenal had possession still.

Reactions: tlk

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
In 2020-21, Sheffield United tied the dire Derby County's record for fewest goals scored in a season.

Now, three years on, they are on pace to smash that same Derby side's record for goals conceded. On track for 97 GA.

Oh they literally conceded again as I typed. They're now on track for 99 GA.

I think they said most ever is 100, but that was when there was 42 games played

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
When Arsenal score a 5th, it will be the sixth time this season that Sheffield have been beaten by 5-0 or more.

Arsenal x2, Newcastle, Brighton, Burnley, Villa.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yeah there was not chance I was going to be watching that game

Arsenal are in the easy part of their schedule, and deserve credit for taking care of business and getting that goal difference up. The rest of their run in is not that easy though. They haven't played a good team since Christmas besides Liverpool, and they played Liverpool at the best possible time , so they got a bit lucky there. Their run in starts after the international break.
How many "good teams" are there, then? They've played the 7th and 8th placed teams recently, which is more than Liverpool can say. In fact, if we're not counting matches between Liverpool and Arsenal and no one below 6th place is a good team, Liverpool hasn't played a good team since 12/17 and haven't beat a good team in the EPL since 9/3

• Haha
Reactions: IU Hawks fan

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
3 more goals from Arsenal and it'll be the joint highest aggregate scoreline in a fixture in PL history.

Current record is Man City doing Watford for 12-0 in 2019-20.

LOL EVERY TIME I TYPE ARSENAL SCORE AGAIN

2 more goals now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad