GWT: EPL - Matchweek 27

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Considering the players form and injuries, easily. No manager's going to suddenly cure those injuries or form. We need to see him operate under a proper football structure at United. He hasn't so far.

yes i know but still, its 2024, no one in their right mind use a counter attack system anymore
if you lose fine, but do something for crying out loud

man utd was once known from their flashy style of football, scoring lots of
goals, they were feared, now they are,.. laughing stock would be a bit too hars
but yeah, not feared.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
yes i know but still, its 2024, no one in their right mind use a counter attack system anymore

but yeah, not feared.

I think it's also hard to control a game when your talisman is Bruno Fernandes who epitomizes chaos high risk football.

And then your star winger is someone like Rashford who's extremely selfish. We saw him today constantly spitting the ball up to Walker because he refused to sacrifice his body to draw a fouls and retain possession.

Ten Hag says he wants to play a certain type of football, but his recruitment has been anything but.

Not being able to pry De Jong from Barcelona finished him.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

but yeah, not feared.
Not much other options with the available squad. You're looking at United very superficially, not understanding the status of the squad's health status and players form. Neither are good. United had a healthy squad in January and won 4 straight. And above all, played much better. United without Höjlund, Martinez and Shaw and AWB are a much inferior squad.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Find someone who looks at you line Jussi looks at excuses for ETH/United.
I'm a realist and a pessimist (comes naturally from being a Finn). No manager's going to make that squad suddenly play better with the current injury situation and player form. United were always going to struggle against the 115ers.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
As I said elsewhere in the thread, Foden v Saka for me is a coin flip. There is at least an argument for Foden at 4, whereas there isn't an argument for him at 1-3.
Yeah, I saw that, but I also think he’s pretty clearly behind saka. Saka has out produced Foden and Saka doesn’t have the benefit of defenses keying in on someone else.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Considering the players form and injuries, easily. No manager's going to suddenly cure those injuries or form. We need to see him operate under a proper football structure at United. He hasn't so far.
At some point the manager has to be responsible for the play of the players.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
The Rashford sub was just ridiculous. Unless he turned out be injured. You're in a derby match with no number 9 on the bench, and you need a goal.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Which players would you say have lived up to their potential for more than say 1/4 of a season under ETH?
Martinez easily, when healthy.

The Rashford sub was just ridiculous. Unless he turned out be injured. You're in a derby match with no number 9 on the bench, and you need a goal.
According to ten Hag, Rashford and Evans were playing injured.

Yeah you’ve hired a bunch of shit managers and signed shit players. A lot of these players weren’t here three managers a go.
Surprisingly many were.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'm not saying that. ??? Lindelöf, Dalot/AWB and Martial were very much starters.
Fully healthy, none of Lindelof, Dalot, Martial, or McTominay are locked in starters:

Højlund
Rashford - Bruno - Garnacho/Antony
Eriksen-Casemiro
Shaw - Martinez - Varane - AWB
Like I said, you're welcome to say the players aren't good enough, given that that seems to be your stance. Although it's only their form that you think isn't good enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad