GWT: EPL - Matchweek 25 (ft. MW 18)

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
On paper, the big matchup is between Man City and Chelsea. You also have to feel for Brighton, who have the pleasure of playing Liverpool and City in four days. We get a relegation six pointer with Everton hosting Crystal Palace. Everything else is pretty bland, at least in looks, although that usually means something wild happening.

HomeAwayTime and Date (CT)Venue
BrentfordLiverpoolSat., Feb. 17, 6:30 AMGtech Community Stadium
BurnleyArsenalSat., Feb. 17, 9:00 AMTurf Moor
Newcastle UnitedBournemouthSat., Feb. 17, 9:00 AMSt. James's Park
FulhamAston VillaSat., Feb. 17, 9:00 AMCraven Cottage
Nottingham ForestWest Ham UnitedSat., Feb. 17, 9:00 AMCity Ground
Tottenham HotspurWolverhampton WanderersSat., Feb. 17, 9:00 AMTottenham Hotspur Stadium
Manchester CityChelseaSat., Feb. 17, 11:30 AMThe Etihad
Sheffield UnitedBrighton & Hove AlbionSun., Feb. 18, 8:00 AMBramall Lane
Luton TownManchester UnitedSun., Feb. 18, 10:30 AMKenilworth Road
EvertonCrystal PalaceMon., Feb. 19, 2:00 PMGoodison Park
Manchester CityBrentfordTue., Feb. 20, 1:30 PMThe Etihad

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Given that there are no expectations for us at the Etihad, I hope the performance is brave and at a level similar to the one at the Bridge in November. It likely won't be, but that's ok

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
With the early start, Brentford should make short work of Liverpool...then onto the Etihad. What, me worry?

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Looks like we’ll have a partnership of Lenglet and Pau (in his first game back in a month). Not excited

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Hopefully City find a way to drop some points this weekend.
sometimes Chelsea being a total f***ing wildcard can work out, you never know! we played them very well at home, but our home/away disparity this season has been gargantuan.

with the exception of Sarri yoinking an epic win in Fall 2019 (before getting slaughtered 6-0 in the return fixture) and Tuchel beating City about 17 times in Spring 2021, though, City has fully had our number since Conte left. KdB loves playing against us.

if i recall correctly, our first goal in the 4-4 in the fall was our first goal against City since the UCL final.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Looks like we’ll have a partnership of Lenglet and Pau (in his first game back in a month). Not excited
Pau coming straight back into the starting lineup is... not ideal. I feel like you're lowkey better off bringing Calum Chambers back from the cold just to avoid Pau aggravating his injury.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Pau coming straight back into the starting lineup is... not ideal. I feel like you're lowkey better off bringing Calum Chambers back from the cold just to avoid Pau aggravating his injury.
no it definitely isn't, but not sure we have much of a choice. Chambers has been frozen out (only has played in 3 games this season) and we attempted to shift him right at the end of the Jan window. Don't think Emery trusts him at all. but, the last time we brought Pau in as a sub, he reinjured himself (or had a set back). Either way, definitely not ideal

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Supposedly both Porro and Udogie are doubts.
so.... Davies and Emerson Royal?

Feels like this happens to Chambers every where he goes lol
He was very good at a bad Fulham side as a holding midfielder, and I think his level is being a decent holding midfielder in a bad team. Honestly, I think he'll end up back at Southampton if/when they come up.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Feels like this happens to Chambers every where he goes lol
yep, he is a capable bottom half backup. Isn't suited to play the way Unai wants to play.
He was very good at a bad Fulham side as a holding midfielder, and I think his level is being a decent holding midfielder in a bad team. Honestly, I think he'll end up back at Southampton if/when they come up.
Yeah I remember that. A bit surprised he didn't get an opportunity there but hey Unai knows better. Apparently, he turned down a few championship loan offers right at the end of the Jan window.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Would definitely make sense to go back to Southampton. Still think a move to the championship or abroad would have done him good. Now that he's 29 though, my guess is he sticks out on the bench of premier league clubs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad