GWT: EPL - Matchweek 22

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Without watching, sounds like refs sucked, but we sucked even more?
basically sums it up. really really atrocious refereeing, but we were so abominably cartoonishly bad that to focus on the refereeing would be disingenuous and silly. the complexion of the game is obviously different if we get a penalty 10 minutes in, but nothing can change the fact that we were absolutely f***ing terrible.

chilwell needs to come off the bench until he's back to match sharpness because he was a turnover machine.

badiashile? not capable of playing left back! centre backs and full backs have different defensive skillsets!

for 100m, you would hope that enzo was capable of creating control rather than just thriving within control. he's reminding me of jorginho at times.

caicedo has no middle ground between an 8/10 and a 2/10 and this was the latter.

taking off gallagher rather than either of enzo or caicedo was strange - not because gallagher was good (he wasn't) but because they were both on yellows.

nkunku looks like he might thrive in spite of us misusing him, but he was basically invisible because he was asked to be a lone striker.

Reactions: Blender

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Enzo and Caicedo struggle without Mac Allister. Think we got the right one :)

And what is Lavia up to these days?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
agree with what everyone else is saying btw.

The most Pro-LFC Tierney performance that I have ever seen but Chelsea was so abject, I don’t think it would have mattered

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The darwin nunez hat trick.

One woodwork, one yellow card, one assist or... 3 woodworks.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
This Maupay/Maddison social media off is hilarious. Maupay is obviously a huge rat, but Maddison being such a thin-skinned baby about someone doing his dumb celebration is probably more embarrassing.

Reactions: Savant

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
This Maupay/Maddison social media off is hilarious. Maupay is obviously a huge rat, but Maddison being such a thin-skinned baby about someone doing his dumb celebration is probably more embarrassing.

Talking about celebrations, I'll forever be in love with Zay Flowers doing a mock PK with Odell Beckham Jr. playing keeper and hitting the SIUU while the commentator went 'GOAAAALLLLLL' during a Ravens game.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The darwin nunez hat trick.

One woodwork, one yellow card, one assist or... 3 woodworks.
4 woodworks today

They should just play each other in Darts for charity and winner keeps the celly.

But yeah, little brother reaction from a little brother player on a little brother team, so it all fits

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
There’s just so many parts to Chelsea, I don’t know how a competent manager fits it all together. I think Poch is alright but they’re building the plane while flying it but also trying to air drop in another 25 pieces. Half of them also need to be welded into something new. It’s just wild

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The game *might* have been different if Chelsea got the early pen, but yea they were pretty soundly battered.

Just like Spurs/Liverpool earlier this season, if the ref got it right early, Chelsea could have won. If it comes down to these points at the end, Liverpool should be thankful.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I was sleeping but how did Nkunku not get a pen? That’s two.
Lot of ink on Caicedo, but what a wet noodle of a move Enzo Fernandez has been. What does this guy actually do?
Poch is the Bruce Boudreau of soccer coaches. Need Tocchet

I want to see our players play for a good coach first before I decide if I’m in/out on every player. Like I genuinely think all our players are playing worse than their talent levels and I blame coaching for that. How can you not imo

(I find Enzo really disappointing)
Somehow this scoreline is completely deserved despite Chelsea being robbed on pens
Agree 1000%. I think the officiating was bad but in the grand scheme of it, it means nothing because this game meant nothing to us. We were never going to win it convincingly. Nothing looked right on both ends.

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad