GWT: EPL - Matchweek 19

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Who are these people? As he has gotten older the better he became tbh.
Eh, who knows, maybe I'm strawmanning. I just feel like he never gets his due and people are claiming he's over-rated/overhyped because of the English factor. His game has developed so spectacularly as he's gotten older and it means that he'll continue to be very good into his 30s, IMO.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Eh, who knows, maybe I'm strawmanning. I just feel like he never gets his due and people are claiming he's over-rated/overhyped because of the English factor. His game has developed so spectacularly as he's gotten older and it means that he'll continue to be very good into his 30s, IMO.
I think he's a top striker but has never been the best striker in the world.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Happy to see the result. Next 4 are Arsenal, City, Fulham, and then City again.

Would like Betancur and Kulu back by the 15th

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think West Ham will go down, which is embarrassing on so many levels. They look awful and it *still* doesn’t seem like they’ll sack Moyes after today. A mess.
I can see it now. West Ham sack Moyes. Moyes winds up back at Everton

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He doesn't play for a popular team and he hasn't won shit. Media darling though. He also isn't flashy. However, the more you watch him the more you learn to appreciate him.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I thought Gil, Sarr, and Skipp all looked good.

I have much more hope that Gil can grow into a quality player. Since Lucas is all but going home to Brazil in the summer, maybe he takes that 5th forward role, assuming no new names up front and Spurs keep both Sonny and Richarlison.

I think Sarr can play more now. Would hope he starts in the FA Cup this week against Portsmouth.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Was very surprised with the result considering that Kulusevski and Bentancur were out.

Here's to hoping Son get's that monkey off his back. But to be fair he hasn't been put in a position to succeed this season. Kane is playing further up this season and Perisic pushes far up too, which gives Son less space to do what he wants.

Bryan, Sarr and Skipp all deserve to play more. Bissouma needs to step it up if he doesn't want to be pushed down the pecking order.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Disappointed with that starting line-up, even if I like that Jorginho isn't there.

The wings will bleed against City, and Zakaria would have to play the best match of his Chelsea career to stop the midfield being outmatched.

Mount not in the squad - if he's injured now too I s2g

Yeah, apparently Mount got a knock in the practice, that's why he is out.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Sterling out injured after only a few minutes. Chelsea's bench is very thin tonight, looks like Chukwu is coming on.

Edit: Auba

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Sterling - Broja - x
Rlc - Mount
Kante
Chilwell - x - Fofana - Reece
Mendy

Lotta injuries lol

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Simply put, two players on the pitch right now for Chelsea would start over their counterparts on City: Kovacic over Gundogan, and Silva over Rodri/Stones. 2/11.

Reactions: Peen

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Thank god Cancelo is potentially the worst defender in the Premier League, nearly got us a goal there

Brilliant by Stones
Amazing recovery tackle, Cancelo's wages for this week should go right to him

Holy f*** if Puli has to come out too I genuinely don't know what I'll do

Reactions: Peen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad