GWT: EPL - Matchweek 18

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I don't think it was actually going on target since it was curling in.

edit: in meaning inwards to the field not in the net.
I'd have to see a better angle, I was mostly judging by Ward's position.

This one was definitely an OG. Faes should have used his left foot.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Darwin needs a sports psychologist or a hypnotist or something. No one can cover him, but end product is so ugly. The crazy thing is he finishes his chances he’s be near Haaland numbers. He creates so much offense

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Darwin needs a sports psychologist or a hypnotist or something. No one can cover him, but end product is so ugly. The crazy thing is he finishes his chances he’s be near Haaland numbers. He creates so much offense
That was a nice touch. It missed by a couple inches. Hard to blame him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That Cavani comparison is on point tbh

Reactions: Gecklund

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I’m not sweating the Darwin stuff. If he wasn’t making chances, I would be concerned. It’s funny, and has to be frustrating for the guy. But he does not lack in confidence. If that changes, then it’s a concern. He might never be clinical, but at some point more will go in. He’s already at a pretty good rate and makes a ton of chances for the side. He’s also disrupting almost everything teams are doing.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think, one of these days, we should try playing well before giving up a goal.

Maybe even skip giving up the goal entirely.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I’m not sweating the Darwin stuff. If he wasn’t making chances, I would be concerned. It’s funny, and has to be frustrating for the guy. But he does not lack in confidence. If that changes, then it’s a concern. He might never be clinical, but at some point more will go in. He’s already at a pretty good rate and makes a ton of chances for the side. He’s also disrupting almost everything teams are doing.
You should be concerned imo. He’s a good player and can be a great player but spending 100 million on a guy struggle this bad to finish should be very much a concern.

He’s way more athletic than Cavani. Darwin is a mutant but he just squeezes it
Not actually game or even ability just that Cavani has some hilarious sitters.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Feel bad for Faes. The first one was little league but he was actually in a really bad spot on the second one.

It's a play he arguably should make but I don't think it's paid much mind if the first one doesn't happen.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think, one of these days, we should try playing well before giving up a goal.

Maybe even skip giving up the goal entirely.

They still haven't played well beyond maybe one or two quick plays.

First goal was an awful cross that they got gifted an OG on. The second goal was far more about Leicester totally botching a goal kick and Faes losing his head again.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Don't know if you realize Cavani's physical shape.
Cavani however, is one of the best players I've ever seen in terms of off the ball movement.
Oh I know about Cavani engine and movement. I’m saying Darwin is faster and not far off on strength

Reactions: JeffreyLFC

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They still haven't played well beyond maybe one or two quick plays.

First goal was an awful cross that they got gifted an OG on. The second goal was far more about Leicester totally botching a goal kick and Faes losing his head again.
We're not at our best but we outplayed Leicester by a lot after their goal. Nearly their entire share of xG was on the goal they scored. They did nothing after that.

It's been a pattern with Liverpool all season. They don't start the game until they're down 1-0.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
You should be concerned imo. He’s a good player and can be a great player but spending 100 million on a guy struggle this bad to finish should be very much a concern.

Not actually game or even ability just that Cavani has some hilarious sitters.
I’m not sure all the add ons get hit, but who knows.

He’s scored 5 in 11 matches. His scoring rate over 90 has been pretty good. He’s creating chances. At this early stage, I’m not worried. If we are still here next season, then, yes, it’s concern.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh I know about Cavani engine and movement. I’m saying Darwin is faster and not far off on strength
Well, you probably saw old Cavani so that changes your views a little.
I think my comparison is spot on.
Cavani was more sly in terms of movement and thus scored more. But that can be developped. I remember Cavani at first was just the physical freak goof guy that couldn't finish.
He worked on his game and ended up getting 5-6 big chances a game and burying 1 or 2.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad