GWT: EPL - Matchweek 17

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
A very dominant City so far are 1-0 up against Palace. They're missing KdB, Haaland and Doku forward,but the latter's emergence this year seems to have lit a fire under Grealish's ass who now has 3 goals in his last 4 games.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Gallagher with yet another brilliant play but it dies when it goes to the attackers.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
About the level of performance and frustration I expected.

1702741780786.gif

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
City lucky there as another ref might have sent Ederson off.

Fulham's kits are such an eyesore. Barney purple, bleah

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I remember when folks thought Chelsea was on the come-up after Spurs/City along with the constant touting of their xG.
I remember when watching games and using the eye test, along with the underlyings, showed that Chelsea were performing well and finishing poorly for the first 10 matches before then playing very well (but not to the level of a contender, which is why Arsenal and City were both draws) in big games against Arsenal, Spurs, and City.

The performances have gotten markedly worse since then.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I remember when folks thought Chelsea was on the come-up after Spurs/City along with the constant touting of their xG.
I remember when watching games and using the eye test, along with the underlyings, showed that Chelsea were performing well and finishing poorly for the first 10 matches before then playing very well (but not to the level of a contender, which is why Arsenal and City were both draws) in big games against Arsenal, Spurs, and City.

Doesn't take a long to look at their injuries this season and see where a big part of the problem is.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

They look better to the eye as compared to last year but their finish has looked terrible all year, which is why I never took their xG seriously. They have finishers made out of cardboard.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
City lucky there as another ref might have sent Ederson off.

Fulham's kits are such an eyesore. Barney purple, bleah
Red would have been a clear mistake for VAR to fix. It wasn't excessive force and there was cover (both close to the ball and closer to the middle of the goal) so it doesn't count as DOGSO.

Reactions: luiginb

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So few positives to take from the first half of this season, but one is that Mudryk has looked better and better with each match
He's looking way better and as I've been saying he's not getting the ball put to him often enough. Colwill isn't offensively creative enough to link up with him down the left well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad