GWT: EPL - Matchweek 17

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs squad is going to be so depleted these next few games lol.

Bissouma is such an idiot. Been a tire fire since his first red. Don't want to see him as a starter beyond next summer.

How Nottingham only got away with two yellows is a bit odd. Just look at everything Yates did.

Props to Kulusevski, Daddy Davies and Big Vic.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA

Bissouma is such an idiot. Been a tire fire since his first red. Don't want to see him as a starter beyond next summer.

How Nottingham only got away with two yellows is a bit odd. Just look at everything Yates did.

Props to Kulusevski and Big Vic.
Luckily we're starting to hear the injured guys are training, so fingers crossed they are back soon.

At least we have PEH to take over the Bissouma spot through the AFCON. Going to need to try to strengthen there though.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Props to Kulusevski, Daddy Davies and Big Vic.
Davies as been quite good filling in for vdV. He doesn’t really deserve all the abuse he gets from some Spurs fans.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Davies as been quite good filling in for vdV. He doesn’t really deserve all the abuse he gets from some Spurs fans.
I don't understand the abuse. He's not a week in/week out starter, but he is a great fill in, and by all accounts a great squad player. Doing a bang up job the last few weeks and if he can keep it rolling through VdV's injury spell we'll be in good shape.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Nope, I disagree

If Spurs can get 3 pts next week that would put them at a pace for 72, which has been good enough for the CL since 17-18

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How much is United going to be battered by on Sunday? 4, 5, or 6?

I can see either two results as my prediction; either 2-1 Man United win or a 4-1 LFC win.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How much is United going to be battered by on Sunday? 4, 5, or 6?

I can see either two results as my prediction; either 2-1 Man United win or a 4-1 LFC win.
I mean, everyone said Utd was going to beat LFC last year, and LFC dropped a 7-0 on them. Don’t think it’ll ever be that straight forward again. LFC should win but things are rarely so simple

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
1702735242499.jpeg

85% possession, 1 shot on target, 1-0 loss incoming.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
View attachment 784352

85% possession, 1 shot on target, 1-0 loss incoming.

I think Chelsea would need to score early, and then get at least second later on, because I don't think the midfields have enough stamina to last the whole match and contain Sheffield, especially when they get yellows along the way.

At least they have an opportunity to bring on Enzo later.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It could easily be a blowout again. Liverpool are excellent on the break and United are awful against the break.
Sure, it could, but again what did everyone think was going to happen last year in this fixture?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
"Slight graze on the shin"...

When I got to "corruption" I almost stopped reading, but I'm glad I didn't

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Ignoring the video to comment on the person posting it is really peak HF
The Yates challenge wasn't anywhere near as bad as Bissouma's.

When everything is "corruption", it's no surprise that guy bent himself out of shape about a much less severe challenge to play victim.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yates won the ball and kept his studs down. It could have easily gone either way since he was a bit out of control going in, but either way it's no where near the same as the Bissouma challenge.

Was it harsh to call it as a foul on Skipp? Sure, but it's certainly not corruption.

Reactions: bluesfan94

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Schär goes off injured with an apparent hamstring injury for newcastle after 15 minutes

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Yates won the ball and kept his studs down. It could have easily gone either way since he was a bit out of control going in, but either way it's no where near the same as the Bissouma challenge.

Was it harsh to call it as a foul on Skipp? Sure, but it's certainly not corruption.

Clear card on Yates. Bissouma's was a red, I never once said anything differently, but it was far more dangerous contact than Bissouma's was.

....that has to be a red on Jimenez

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Are they gonna be able to actually field a team in a couple weeks?
no clue. lascelles just had a flailing arm hit Jiminez and a minute or so later Jiminez has a wild challenge that VAR ended up getting the ref to upgrade to a red.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad