Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
And Southgate keep on insisiting not playing this guy :laugh:

fkn hell he is the type of player you structure the rest of the team around

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Great play by Trent and Robertson becomes the defender with most assists in Premier League history. That's amazing!

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I love Nunez, it's crazy how many chances he can create.
True, if he improves his finishing only slightly he can become a legendary player. It seems he's faster/stronger/covers more ground than anyone else, he's just making the wrong decision with the final ball more often than not, at least today

Reactions: gary69

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
True, if he improves his finishing only slightly he can become a legendary player. It seems he's faster/stronger/covers more ground than anyone else, he's just making the wrong decision with the final ball more often than not, at least today
He has one fatal mistake, his touches are poor. He also seem to always go with power instead of placing his shots but his combination of movement, speed and size are IMO some of the best in the world.

Reactions: gary69

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nunez is Cavani without the finishing.
Cavani was hardly the best finisher, but the amount of scoring chances he had and his "decent" finishing meant that he scored a lot.
If Nunez gets to Cavani level of finishing, he'll bag in a lot of goals.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If Villa had any level of finishing this game could easily be 4-2 for them.

Well, they finally got one. At this rate they'll be level after another 7 clear cut chances.
I could say the same for LFC. So many missed chances.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Bajcetic! 18years old first goal. Not a cheap one either.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nunez is Cavani without the finishing.
Cavani was hardly the best finisher, but the amount of scoring chances he had and his "decent" finishing meant that he scored a lot.
If Nunez gets to Cavani level of finishing, he'll bag in a lot of goals.
The crazy thing about Darwin is that his numbers/GA return is not bad. He is being compared to Haaland who has gone nuclear though. That being said Darwin is so wasteful. Drives you crazy, but he isn’t bad. Generates a ton of output but the finishing is so sporadic

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Watkins and Nunez are so similar. Have great natural pace and not good at finishing.

Paul Tierney has been terrible today letting everything go when there are clear fouls on both sides.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Great composure for a defensive midfielder.
That was converted from CB.

I’m very high on Bajcetic. He is their best ‘prospect’. I am much higher on Bajcetic and Doak than I am compared to Carvalho and Elliott when talking about the young LFC players.

And here comes Doak for PL debut

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
That was converted from CB.

I’m very high on Bajcetic. He is their best ‘prospect’. I am much higher on Bajcetic and Doak than I am compared to Carvalho and Elliott when talking about the young LFC players.

And here comes Doak for PL debut
I do not like Doak. He is too individualistic. I think Carvalho and Elliott are getting severely underrated by LFC fans they have quality. The only young midfielder I am clearly not sold on is Curtis Jones.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
He's also been hellbent on hot handing out cards despite several opportunities to do so for late challenges.
yep, I really like when refs try to let the game flow, but Tierney let it really get out of hand with all the small challenges.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
yep, I really like when refs try to let the game flow, but Tierney let it really get out of hand with all the small challenges.
I thought he did good. There was no malice in any fouls and I would rather see a referee control the game like he did than giving away yellow cards, left and right.

Reactions: luiginb

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I do not like Doak. He is too individualistic. I think Carvalho and Elliott are getting severely underrated by LFC fans they have quality. The only young midfielder I am clearly not sold on is Curtis Jones.
They’re all too young to really know. Doak has a ton of pace, and that will always play, the question is more does he have anything in the final third to go with it. He isn’t that selfish for the u18. He sets up a decent share.

Elliott is still a pup as well. At minimum for all, Liverpool have a bunch of prospects and can likely turn many into squad players. Or move on for a hefty profit. Morton supposedly is looking good in the. Championship.

On Nunez, getting in place for those chances and disrupting what he does is just the start. He’s so raw. But when it finally clicks, and that might be in a season, or 3 months or whatever, he’s going to be a lot for clubs to handle. I can live with the wasting chances if he puts in the work rate he put in. Dude was busting his ass all match

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Doak knows what is he. He is also 17, he can get coached out of some of that. With his physical traits though you want him taking people on. He will only get better

Carvalho and Elliott are the same in that they are both tweeners. I don’t think either has a position. Both too slow for winger and too small for midfield.

I think Liverpools big problem (one of them) this season is they are not as physical/athletic as they used to be and they are certainly a big part of that.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I thought he did good. There was no malice in any fouls and I would rather see a referee control the game like he did than giving away yellow cards, left and right.
The question is more was he playing to allow the more physicality that has been brought about this season. I think yes, but I can see some Villa complaints.

Whatever the case, Liverpool were back to flying around defensively in the press.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad