GWT: EPL - Matchweek 15

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I don't think Chelsea can just sack another guy yet again but it's not good when the guy boasted that they should be winning right away.
It's damned if you do, damned if you don't

They fire another coach who isn't working out and it's typical chelsea

They keep going with a coach who has the squad struggling to perform consistently and looks to lack maturity in virtually every performance and they finish another season low in the table.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Sacking Poch this soon would likely be my final straw
I agree, it would be annoying and I probably wouldn't watch much after that point for a bit until things stabilize

But I am skeptical given he came in saying we need to compete, set the bar high, "this is chelsea" "have to be good right away" "results matter"

and his tenor has changed a lot - he's gotten a ton of legitimate quality additions to the squad since he came in at the start of july to the end of summer.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Sacking Poch this soon would likely be my final straw

Chelsea looks better than last year and it's hard to feel bad for them when they've spent the money they have but I don't get why he set those expectations at the start of the year. Seemed ill-advised even then that the ship would turn around so soon, especially with such an inexperienced team.

• Love
Reactions: Peen

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Chelsea looks better than last year and it's hard to feel bad for them when they've spent the money they have but I don't get why he set those expectations at the start of the year. Seemed ill-advised even then that the ship would turn around so soon, especially with such an inexperienced team.
Press conference silliness. It'll take a long time and I have faith in a lot of the signings. It's just an EXTREMELY immature team, and it's really shown sometimes.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm being tongue in cheek obvi, that would be ridiculous
The kicking the ball away thing is pretty dumb because of how inconsistent it's enforced. Shaw did it twice this game and only got 1 yellow (and it was for the one that was less significant), players do it all the time and refs ignore it until they randomly enforce it once every 12 times.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
If Chelsea aren't going to spend big in January (they shouldn't imo), no point bringing in another manager.

I'll give Poch at least month or so, half a dozen matches after Nkunku comes back.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Enzo is actually awful with end product in the final 25 yards. Like zero composure in an around the goal

I know he finally broke his no goals thing after a year but he needs to be more productive from MF

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Enzo is actually awful with end product in the final 25 yards. Like zero composure in an around the goal

I know he finally broke his no goals thing after a year but he needs to be more productive from MF
He's like a cross between Jorginho and Kovacic, both in terms of play style and in terms of finishing

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
How was there no foul called on jackson for taking the ball from Maguire by fouling him? Almost scored from it too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad