GWT: EPL - Matchweek 15

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I don't know who it was in this stream's studio who said that Onana was probably expecting Maguire to cover that corner but Palmer shot between his legs which helped mask the shot.
Yeah, this isn't how goalkeeping works. You don't get off your angle just because you think you have a defender covering.

The only exception here is free kicks

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nunez atoned for his miss very well there.
3 points but still not having the warm and fuzzies about our away form. Especially against bottom half. On well onto the next one. another early game up next. Hope Alexis is ok

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

One of the best performances I’ve seen Villa have. I’d say we outplayed City, but we have to weather the opening surge that they will have.

You weren't joking, they played City off the pitch in that first half. The problem is that you simply cannot play that well and not score, especially against City. City can score from just one chance.

Way better game than Chelsea/Sycophant United.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
poch's insistence on using jackson means either broja is completely cooked and not close to his pre-injury form or he just wants to ensure that th eboard will buy him osimhen

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I thought they would many times last year but the fans seem to stick by him no matter what.

Last year can be forgiven because he had to integrate a whole new team and I'm not sure how many of those were ones he actually wanted. He also got him back into the premier league so he had some rope. They had moments last year where it seemed like he was the right man for the job. This year though they've not improved and with the money spent you need to show progress and they aren't.

Reactions: robertmac43

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
@hatterson what's the verdict

hands tucked to body but it's shot from at least 5 yards out from silva

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Btw sterling should be suspended for an entire season for that stupid dive in the first half. like even if there was contact, he legit could have scored easily if he stayed up. So stupid

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
poch's insistence on using jackson means either broja is completely cooked and not close to his pre-injury form or he just wants to ensure that th eboard will buy him osimhen

Broja didn't press well or hard in the last match closing stages even he had the freshest legs out there. Not sure why was that.

Chelsea would need a fresh player now too, but maybe more on the midfield. Every minute they wait before making a sub increases United's chances of scoring.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
To me that's a handball because it stops a shot on target and comes from so long away. But it's not stonewall.

In Europe I think it's given 99 times out of 100 but in the PL it's likely far closer to 50/50 or even lower.

Reactions: Peen

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Haven't seen City stuck in their own half like this in quite some time.
I think this shows how important Rodri is

To me that's a handball because it stops a shot on target and comes from so long away. But it's not stonewall.

In Europe I think it's given 99 times out of 100 but in the PL it's likely far closer to 50/50 or even lower.
I think it hit off of Hojlund right in front of Colwill and I don't know how much more of a natural position Colwill's arm could be in. I also couldn't tell what it hit first.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Feels like the full 3 points are in the game for Villa. Controlling the temp nicely.

Also wow I forget how silky McGinn can be on the ball.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad