GWT: EPL - Matchweek 14

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Antony is injured and Lindelof is sick. I would have played Rashford up top and Sancho, Garnacho, or Pellistrini on the wing with Elanga and dropped Ronaldo. CB is a bit different because we don’t have one on the bench but honestly would have rather had McTominay or Casemiro at CB than Maguire. Dude is absolute shit.
He started on Thursday and played 79 minutes. I wouldn't start an 18 year old twice in a week.

By the way, today marks the 4000th successive game that United start a game with an academy product. The streak began 85 years ago.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He started on Thursday and played 79 minutes. I wouldn't start an 18 year old twice in a week.

By the way, today marks the 4000th successive game that United start a game with an academy product. The streak began 85 years ago.
I mean there’s 2 other names there too. I don’t think Ronaldo or Maguire should ever put on the shirt again.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
obviously forest didn't put up that much resistance, but after a couple of sub-par performances, great to see the team clicking, plus holding on to the top spot for now

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So Ronaldo just killed a promising counter by taking a 30 yard shot straight at the keeper. Rashford then has a counter right after and continues running and gets a solid shot away that was just blocked. Man drop Ronaldo. He’s so bad and selfish.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So Ronaldo just killed a promising counter by taking a 30 yard shot straight at the keeper. Rashford then has a counter right after and continues running and gets a solid shot away that was just blocked. Man drop Ronaldo. He’s so bad and selfish.
Oh come on, he had acres of space and the whole stadium yelling "SHOOOOOT". I'd expect Ronaldo to take a shot from that distance since he's scored so many times from that distance.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Ball not even close to out and that kills the counter. Old Trafford things.

Still remember them not calling the ball out of bounds when it was over Moyes head leading to a goal a season or two ago.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Oh come on, he had acres of space and the whole stadium yelling "SHOOOOOT". I'd expect Ronaldo to take a shot form that distance since he's scored so many times from that distance.
Ronaldo has not scored from that distance in 5 years. He had wide open options on either side of him that were in much better positions. Acting like that was a good choice is dumb.

Reactions: blkhawk

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Ball not even close to out and that kills the counter. Old Trafford things.

Still remember them not calling the ball out of bounds when it was over Moyes head leading to a goal a season or two ago.
That was at Wembley.

If the crowd told Ronaldo to score an own goal should he do it?
I'm sorry but are you completely oblivious to how the OT crowd reacts when a players is in a place to take a long shot? There's certainly times to criticize Ronaldo but that situation wasn't it. Do you even remember the goal he scored at Porto in the UCL years ago? It was even further out.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Martinez biggest weakness isn’t even headers it’s his 1v1 defence. Sticks to close to the attacker and gets beat with qucik feet

Reactions: Gecklund

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm sorry but are you completely oblivious to how the OT crowd reacts when a players is in a place to take a long shot? There's certainly times to criticize Ronaldo but that situation wasn't it. Do you even remember the goal he scored at Porto in the UCL years ago? It was even further out.
Who cares what the crowd is chanting? They chant that to everyone and most players are smart enough to know that it isn't the smart move.

Also what does CR7 scoring a goal from 15 years ago have to do with him making a poor decision now? Beckham scored that goal at half once why didn't he try it whenever he got to half?

Reactions: Gecklund

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Who cares what the crowd is chanting? They chant that to everyone and most players are smart enough to know that it isn't the smart move.

Also what does CR7 scoring a goal from 15 years ago have to do with him making a poor decision now? Beckham scored that goal at half once why didn't he try it whenever he got to half?
He scored twice from around that distance last season. That is the distance I'd expect Ronaldo to take shot with space.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Literally scored last season.
Not from that far out. He had players on both sides in miles of space but he was selfish and decided to shoot instead for some inexplicable reason. Dude needs to be dropped if he thought that was the choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad